Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.

Article about: Hey guys. I know that the helmet is original, but I am not sure about the liner and chin strap. Can I have some assistance?

?

Default Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.

Hey guys.
    I know that the helmet is original, but I am not sure about the liner and chin strap. Can I have some assistance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.   Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.  

Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.   Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.

Liner looks a bit like this pig skin liner. Also a M42 btw. This helmet i know for a fact is untouched since the war.

Regards, Lars

?

Default re: Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.

Thanks Lars. What about the Chin strap on this?

?

Default Re: Heer single decal M40 steel helmet.

Both helmets are M42's.... I saw the removed comment LOL Better pics for chinstrap needed.

Regards, Lars

?

Default Re: Heer single decal M40 steel helmet.

What is the market value of this, even with a partial decal? Thanks again Lars.

Default Re: Heer single decal M42 steel helmet.

I'm not a fan of the strap from the pics so far but put some better ones in if you can as Lars suggested. I would say it's value would sit somewhere around $600/$700? Tough to say in today's market though, things have been sitting around.

Hi and welcome to the forum , you have a nice single decal M42 there and as Lars has pointed out already it has the pigskin type liner. That type of liner kept in the right conditions can look almost brand new, so I see no problems with this one. The condition matches well with the rest of the helmet , the decals on these rough texture M42 lids often flake of due to the adhesion problem so that's fine too. I think from what I can see the chinstrap is probably a good one to, so all in all , it's a lovely helmet that I guess in the UK would set you back about £450. Leon.

Can't tell anything about the chinstrap without detail Nice original helmet M-42. timothy

?

I'm don't think its a pigskin liner in this one, but it looks good to me.
    I would need better pics to call the decal, and chinstrap (good or bad) to be honest.
    Paint looks good, and it looks to be a hkp shell, which is my favourite maker BTW.

Brad.