Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

I've just read pretty much this entire thread and I'm really wanting to know what became of this helmet as I find it extremely interesting

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

?

This helmet was purchased by a very advanced collector in the United States. I hope to be able to get a a hands on next time I visit this area and collector.

Oops David, sorry didnt see you had replied. Looking forward to seeing the helmet in hand!

So, shall I be the first to ask 'how much was paid for this helmet?'

Regards to all, Simon.

?

Can we also confirm that as this has been purchased by a top collector and has been shown again to Ludwig Bauer who presumably are happy with the lid that we are happy this is an example of one of the rarest of helmets ?

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Gentlemen, as it stands this helmet has been proved to be an original and an extremely rare piece of historical militaria, and as this ,at the moment, seems to be the only existing example found so far, i am more than priviledged to have seen it and to have read all the discerning comments that make this forum unique. oh by the way , i have eight of these under my bed, offers please LOL, thank you ostlander for showing .

?

Excellent Dave thanks for the confirmation , what a result for the hobby of collecting miltaria !!!

PS I'll take four of the eight !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

wow. what a thread. cant believe I only just found it.

Awesome helmet

Wonder how much it was sold for....

Great to see some more info has finally come to the surface on this very controverial helmet .
    Davejb has stated that he has seen it and that it has been proved to be an original , if this is so would it be possible to ask in what way it was proven and is there any documention available to be shown that authenticates the method of proof.
    Im not saying i dont belive it has been done , just that it is such a controvercil helmet i think it needs to be shown , but then again the owner may not wish this to be and so the speculation well go on and on .Heres hopeing , cheers Raymond

?

Gentlmen i have not seen this helmet in person!!, i am going by the fact that Mr Baer has been reunited and i would suggest that his experience should be enough to authenticate this helmet .As there is no firm documentation to support this, i would then say that until there is we have to take all that is said on a certain amount of trust and the experience of noted experts, i said that i was priviledged to have seen this helmet, meaning on this forum. Sorry for the confusion and i only wish i could see it in person

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast