Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

?

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Great to see some more info has finally come to the surface on this very controverial helmet .
    Davejb has stated that he has seen it and that it has been proved to be an original , if this is so would it be possible to ask in what way it was proven and is there any documention available to be shown that authenticates the method of proof.
    Im not saying i dont belive it has been done , just that it is such a controvercil helmet i think it needs to be shown , but then again the owner may not wish this to be and so the speculation well go on and on .Heres hopeing , cheers Raymond
    Raymond, David has had this helmet in person and we discussed it when we met up at SOS. He did scan the decals with XRF and as you know there is no baseline for decals such as these, but fakes do show a unique fingerprint in general that real ones do not.

So I will leave everyone in suspense so as to let David answer the question.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Doug , im getting a bit confussed here mate , are we talking about the same David, cheers Raymond

?

Hi Doug , im getting a bit confussed here mate , are we talking about the same David, cheers Raymond
    dmc is the David I am referring too, see post 100.

Cheers
    Doug

Hi Doug , i was referring to the other David , all good now , this is sounding very positive , im looking forward to dmc putting us out of our misery , cheers mate Raymond

?

Hi Doug , i was referring to the other David , all good now , this is sounding very positive , im looking forward to dmc putting us out of our misery , cheers mate Raymond
    Hi Raymond. I was sent this helmet on the weekend and had a chance to do an in hand examination of the helmet and the decals.
    There is no question in my mind that this helmet is original.

This is a 400x magnified closeup of the damage to the decal near the point of entry. This clearly shows the decal was on this helmet when the damage happened. The damage is clearly period.
    The decals also exhibits a proper aged cellulose base (see cracking).

While I have no other H.D. decals real or fake to compare to, examining hundreds of SS and other period (and fake) decals at this level of magnification leaves me with no doubt as to its originality.

?

This is great news , so we are then talking about on of the rarest helmets to be seen so far, correct?

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    This is great news , so we are then talking about on of the rarest helmets to be seen so far, correct?
    It would be one of the rarest configurations of German helmets for sure. I know of no other that is credible enough to be considered real.

?

Excellent work Doug and thanks to our friend Ostlandigger for posting it here
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I cannot even begin to relate how obsolutely blessed I feel to have been allowed the honor to witness this wonderful find go from the early stage of skepticism to now being validated. Awesome job every one, and thanks again!

Many thanks Doug , this is truely a fantastic out come for this helmet.A true rare helmet in deed , Awesome , cheers Raymond

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast