Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    to Radonovan-it realy real.my friend was not siting on it for 17 years.helmet was laying in room corner.thats my fault why he said-ok let,s try to sell it.
    LOL!!!

ostlanddigger, I'm sure it's real for two reasons: First, it looks too damn good to be a fake, and second, from seeing the work you do I know what an honorable man you are. Does your friend really want to sell such a rare piece? You may never see another one!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

to Radonovan-thankyou friend.to be honest many years ago i spend some time in selling differnet kind of shit due of no knowlege .but my life changed for some other reasons(not because somebody been hunting me-because of shit fakes ,and i quit that shit.but i had got exlent experience.-I do understand what you mean under-NEVER SEE ANOTHER ONE.but how to explain you-:i,m colecting some charasterestic pieces from latvian ss legion,some other for my book(actual project for long time,some soviet ww2 stuff ,some tank partsso nice to wake up in morning and see that crap in my garden,BUT i,m not colecting so rare DRITTEN REICH pieces.i,ll be happy to pass it ower to some realy serios colector with no hard feeling/i,ll had some nice rely rare pieces before Dima created this EXTREMLY GOOD forum ,and pass them a

again-and pass them away with no emotion.My personal calling is to find fallen soldiers,as many as possible.New we are trying to find with no success divisional cemetery in forest 3square km to 3sqare km with little bit more than 50 graves.day by day,witness by witness-still unssucesfull.feel free to ask eny question by pm.-OSTANDDIGGER

Hmmmm.... wouldn't it be a hoot if you were the one from Latvia who sold me those fake SS rings I bought many years ago!

My friend, I too would love to wake up and see that crap in your garden!

to Radonovan-no my friend,rings i newer sold back then in 90-ies an even not in 200----ies!tell me name,maybe i recognize the seller

Quote by radonovan View Post
    My friend, I too would love to wake up and see that crap in your garden!
    to Radonovan-;i got you my friend!if you wish wake up in morning and see that crap in my garden-YOU MUST BE GUEST

It's very worrisome to see judgment is passed based on the story and not based on examining the helmet.

Since I was not there during the dig , I would want to see everything added up , I'm sure any future buyer would want the same.

Still waiting to see the Danzig shield upclose.

What I find strange is that the paint is not the expected apple green. I also wonder if the deathshead was used on the M35 , anyone has any photographic prove of that ?

I have seen a photo on another forum with M35's that had the Danzig shield + the Imperial tricolor.
    Another combination would be the Danzig shield with the SS runes.

I also read somewhere that the deathshead was painted and not a decal.

Not much is known about these helmets so if this one is original it could answer a lot of questions. But don't make it original because this or that person said so , it's too easy for people with bad intentions to reproduce.

OKW
    ?

Are these the chaps you see with the armoured car attacking the Danzig post office? The car has a deaths head on the rear. If so from memory they all appear to be wearing either ww1 or transitional helmets.

If these symbols are decals do we know who made them?

The hole in the helmet, lucky it didn't take out the deaths head, is this an inward impact, result of corrosion, done when it was found? Is that the liner pin exposed by the side of the hole?

Ostlandigger i can understand your excitement with such an item but because of how much it may be worth it needs a good examination to prove its real before someone parts with their hard earned money for it. People on this forum make their living by selling militaria, if they were to rush in saying its original and its later found not to be then it could hurt them badly. I'd get some more photos when you can and post them. If after more discussion on this forum its agreed helmet is a good one then that can only help its sale and the price it will fetch.

?

I would say that the helmet is apple green with early ET type went holes, just the paint is darkened due of age and rust
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It's very worrisome to see judgment is passed based on the story and not based on examining the helmet.

Since I was not there during the dig , I would want to see everything added up , I'm sure any future buyer would want the same.

Still waiting to see the Danzig shield upclose.

What I find strange is that the paint is not the expected apple green. I also wonder if the deathshead was used on the M35 , anyone has any photographic prove of that ?

I have seen a photo on another forum with M35's that had the Danzig shield + the Imperial tricolor.
    Another combination would be the Danzig shield with the SS runes.

I also read somewhere that the deathshead was painted and not a decal.

Not much is known about these helmets so if this one is original it could answer a lot of questions. But don't make it original because this or that person said so , it's too easy for people with bad intentions to reproduce.
    You make some good points regarding this helmet but i don't think anyone has passed judgement on it or necessarily bought into the story , this helmet is still going to be a big discussion piece in it's own right because of what it may be.

If you know of photos of similar helmets that are in existance then let's get them posted
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast