Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: hello kameraden.one of my friends wish to sell this helmet.found in Danzig area by detecting at 1992-3y.it,s m35,metal is still very good.so looking for opinions-what can be price for this h

?

Default Re: Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Hey Anders, welcome to WRF, always nice to have a helmet collcetor of your caliber on board.
    And of course you have excellent reference pictures of the subject matter at hand!

An intriguing helmet, hopefully we can get better pics!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

Ostlanddigger,
    I think that you may have shot yourself in the foot on this one.
    When somebody says that they used to sell dodgy gear but doesn't any more, but "would you like to buy this genuine item," that person hardly inspires confidence!
    Nothing personal but I cannot be the only one thinking this.

On a positive note, great site!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hey Anders, welcome to WRF, always nice to have a helmet collcetor of your caliber on board.
    And of course you have excellent reference pictures of the subject matter at hand!

An intriguing helmet, hopefully we can get better pics!
    Thanks for the nice words Doug.

The helmet have been published, in Ludwig Baer's exellent book "Von Stahlhelm zum Gefechtshelm" Band 2. (From 1994)

Macro pictures of the decals, please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heimwehr Danzig helmet  

so far i know helmets with skull and Danzig shild on antoher side are used by police units in Danzig and NOT by SS Heimwehr Danzig.

Quote by Anders View Post
    Thanks for the nice words Doug.

The helmet have been published, in Ludwig Baer's exellent book "Von Stahlhelm zum Gefechtshelm" Band 2. (From 1994)

Macro pictures of the decals, please.
    Sooooo..... the helmet that O'digger posted is the same one pictured in Baer's book??? The battle damage is the same and even though it's in black and white the Danzig shield shows the same degree of degradation. What does this mean?

?

It certainly appears that this helmet is the same helmet as in the early German Baer book (which I do not have, thanks Anders!.) Here is Ostlandiggers helmet in black and white and the same color photo, they are the same helmet, only with more advanced rust damage around the vent holes.

So this is getting interesting. I wonder why it would not have made Ludwig Baer's English book?

Brindlereo
    ?

Does the book give photo credits?

I would question if this is the same helmet.
    Look at the distance between the skulls jaw and the edge of the hole on both pictures. It appears that the hole is closer in the book picture.
    Coincidence????
    If I was selling such a rare helmet and it had been previously displayed in a quality publication, I think that I would have mentioned this!

appie
    ?

Quote by andy123 View Post
    I would question if this is the same helmet.
    Look at the distance between the skulls jaw and the edge of the hole on both pictures. It appears that the hole is closer in the book picture.
    Coincidence????
    If I was selling such a rare helmet and it had been previously displayed in a quality publication, I think that I would have mentioned this!
    It seems to be the same lid; check the first pictures again. It is photographed from a diffrent angle, so the steel that is strechted into the hole makes the distance between the jaw look larger.
    If you look at the other pics posted you we see that the distance is smaller than it appaers to be.
    I have starred at the last pics for 10 minutes, it is hard to believe these are two different lids, look at the details on the paint and keep in mind there is a time gap between the photo's.

OKW
    ?

Are you saying that the white paint has come off the skull showing more of the helmet paint underneath?
    It may be my eyes but is there a greater distance between the bottom of the jaw and where the helmet flares out. The book one seems much closer to the line than the one under discussion.
    And presumably with the damage in the same place this has got to be one and the same helmet, or there are 2 extremely rare helmets each with damage in exactly the same area, odds are pretty great for that to happen or ...?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast