Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello all! Help with a new helmet please?

Article about: Hi! I have been a lurker for a long time, thought I would take the plunge and join. I would really appreciate it if you learned gentlemen could look at my helmet and give me your thoughts? I

Thank you all for lookin at my helm! Yes it is a 55 futter, I don't know if it was replaced or the soldier had a small noggin. The band and rivets are tight.Hello all! Help with a new helmet please? Hello all! Help with a new helmet please?

Hello all! Help with a new helmet please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello all! Help with a new helmet please?
    P
    Many

Highly unlikely a German soldier would have done this. Makes no sense.

I would say the liner was switched post war. The tie string is either a post war fake (does not match the wear of the liner & looks "fuzzy" as the fakes do) or a replacement & the chinstrap though original, does not seem to match the wear of the other components. The tip of the split pin has a shine. Should have the same untouched patina as the rest of the split pin. That's from handling/tampering post war

Sorry to say this is not a "Well balanced helmet" IMO

Looking again at this liner...possible the leather was replaced only, that's maybe a size 64 liner band with smaller size 55 leather placed into it.
    Last edited by real steel; 10-19-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Nice one looker..good pick up..congrats

I really appreciate the feedback, I'm trying to learn. I'm a little disappointed about the leather, but for $300 I'm very happy with the rest of the helmet.

Thanks again.

Jan
    ?

Po Valley Italy 1945 !! Love it!

Best,

Jan

Quote by leeanderson View Post
    I really appreciate the feedback, I'm trying to learn. I'm a little disappointed about the leather, but for $300 I'm very happy with the rest of the helmet.

Thanks again.
    For $300 you did quite well !! The decal is beautiful

Thanks again.
    Hi, personally I think $300 for this one is a very good price. I too think that the liner band and pins may well be the originals, but they were taken out to replace the leather element. Leon.

I am thankful to all of you for your feedback! I have several more helmets that I have acquired in the last year, I would love to post and discus them.
    I don't want to wear out my welcome so if I post too much just give the word I live in BF Ohio with no one to talk about my hobby with: My wife immediately runs the other way when I have a helmet or book in my hands.

I am thankful to all of you for your feedback! I have several more helmets that I have acquired in the last year, I would love to post and discus them.
    I don't want to wear out my welcome so if I post too much just give the word I live in BF Ohio with no one to talk about my hobby with: My wife immediately runs the other way when I have a helmet or book in my hands.
    Hi Lee.

Bring them on !! That's why we are here. Welcome to the forum, would love to see your collection

David

My wife pretends to be interested with the odd "nod" when it comes to helmets and awards! That said, she does appreciate my passion for the history involved, especially when it comes to making friends, family and children aware of the evil of the Holocaust ( an area I have made deeper efforts than most in ), learning and teaching about the past is the most important aspect of this "collecting" lark!! Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast