Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello, another newbie question!

Article about: Greetings all, this is my 1st post. This helmet was brought back by my great uncle sometime during or shortly after the war and has been in my family ever since. Through a little research I'

stratmanchu
    ?

Default Hello, another newbie question!

Greetings all, this is my 1st post. This helmet was brought back by my great uncle sometime during or shortly after the war and has been in my family ever since. Through a little research I've discovered that the insignia are painted on and are on the opposite sides from where they should be. Any info on this helmet and it's value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello, another newbie question!   Hello, another newbie question!  

Hello, another newbie question!  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Hello, another newbie question!

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I would suspect that if it is an original helmet, it would be a Heer one with post war added insignia. Better photos with some details would help. It appears to be an M-40 helmet. Check the inside of the skirt at the right ear to see if there are maker's stamps. also, check inside the skirt at the rear for "batch" numbers.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

stratmanchu
    ?

Thanks and sorry for the low quality photos, I only have my crappy cell camera. It looks like it's stamped SE6 inside the left ear and I don't see anything inside but I'm hesitant to mess with the lining too much to really get a good look inside. Any thoughts as to its value?

Everything looks OK apart from the painted insignia. SE is the factory Sächsischer Emaillierwerke and the 6 will be probably 60 or 62 by the look of the shell, indicating shell size in CM. It is a Model 1940 (M40)

Value, hard to say with the painted on insignia and poor photos, if the rest of the paint is original maybe $300-400 ish?