Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp

Article about: Hi guys, I need your help. I have a helmet, Africa should be. The leather was probably times replaced in 1962 I think. It looks as if the helmet at the origin had a different color. The helm

Default Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp

Hi guys,

I need your help. I have a helmet, Africa should be. The leather was probably times replaced in 1962 I think. It looks as if the helmet at the origin had a different color. The helmet is back stamped. Other stamps are not to be found. Is this an original helmet? What is your opinion about the helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp   Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp  

Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp   Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp
    P
    Many

Fake bad liner, paint and tricolor on m42
    only shell looks orginal

Liner is Bundeswehr ( perforated brow ) with a repaint and repro decals.The alloy liner band is strangely rivetted??? and in any case is wrong for a M42. Chinstrap also later ( flat double rivets ) ...... all in all as Helldude says, only the shell is good.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

As already mentioned, this is a total post war put together item with only the metal shell being original, liner, paint, decals etc all post war and/or fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thank you for your opinion, because my guess was indeed correct

Hi, May I suggest that you view anything suposedly pre 1945 that bears a number 8405 12 1234567 or similar with the utmost suspision. The number that I have detailed is a NATO Codification Reference and represents 8405 (clothing) 12 (NATO country of origin code [not necessarily the country of manufacture] for the Federal Republic of Germany) and the seven digit number, often broken into 3 dash 4 digits (item specific reference number)
    8110-99- UK Tyres if my memory serves me
    8405-00- or 01- US and even our brothers from down under, 7105-66- Australia Barrack Equipment

Hope this is of some help for you when viewing perportedly WWII bits

Cheers Michael Ryan

Looks like only the M-42 shell is original rest has already been stated. timothy

The guys have nailed this one and it is a banged to rights duffer I'm afraid. Nothing left worth saving here. Leon

from kurland attic..original AFRIKA PAINT?or maybe post-war painted?I think that painted after a war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp   Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp  

Helmet Afrika Corps, Need Heelp  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast