MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet batch numbers

Article about: Hi I have an M40 with a textured over paint, a decal is under paint as you can see the shape, going by batch number is it possible to work what service the helmet was issued to. Helmet is E.

?

Quote by busman View Post
    I only ask ,as i have heard that people have compiled lists relating to batch numbers and service issue. Sorry for any annoyance for bringing up the subject.
    Thats the problem, people read that book and think its instant knowledge. It isn't. You still have to know the subject matter, i.e., German Helmets.
    My forum German Helmet Walhalla 2 has a comprehensive lot number list that is free to veteran members. Sadly I understand that the information there was used by Brian without permission in his book that he sells.

BTW, you have a single decal Heer reissue helmet. Decal placement on left side, can only be Heer judging by the shape and placement.

No annoyance either, its just become a collector myth that lot number correlates to service branch like its a serial number or something, since that book was published. Brian either doesn't make that clear in his book or people dont read properly. I dont own the book, much information is on a free public forum already.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet batch numbers
    P
    Many

?

Thought it may have been Heer or Kreigsmarine costal defence , as the textured paint is brush applied , I thought it may have been added at unit level rather than factory reissue. And I have seen a few costal defence helmets with similar brush applied textured paint.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thats the problem, people read that book and think its instant knowledge. It isn't. You still have to know the subject matter, i.e., German Helmets.
    My forum German Helmet Walhalla 2 has a comprehensive lot number list that is free to veteran members. Sadly I understand that the information there was used by Brian without permission in his book that he sells.

BTW, you have a single decal Heer reissue helmet. Decal placement on left side, can only be Heer judging by the shape and placement.

No annoyance either, its just become a collector myth that lot number correlates to service branch like its a serial number or something, since that book was published. Brian either doesn't make that clear in his book or people dont read properly. I dont own the book, much information is on a free public forum already.
    Thanks Doug,

I did not know this information was taken from your forum and would not have highlighted this if I knew.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Doug,

I did not know this information was taken from your forum and would not have highlighted this if I knew.

Regards,

Michael
    Not a problem, and he had tons of his own lot numbers he used as well. Brian did a ton of his own great research as well, dont get me wrong. On GHW, Frank (DH) compiled the lot number information (he c owns the forum, I fund it with me and RoyA, Frank and I run it)

Re-the helmet being a KM, that is also a possibility but I would lean towards Heer, looks like a plain overpaint reissued helmet common to Heer units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2