Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helmet care

Article about: Hi there, can anyone recommend what to rub into my german helmet to stop the rust getting worse please? Many thanks

Default helmet care

Hi there, can anyone recommend what to rub into my german helmet to stop the rust getting worse please? Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet care  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet care
    P
    Many

Default Re: helmet care

You don't need to do anything. It is fine. Kept in a modern heated home you will have no problems.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade. Ok thanks alot for putting my mind at rest! Regards, Jay

?

I maybe wrong but from these pics that paint doesnt look that old and appears to stop at the edge it ,but like i say it may be the pics, rgds Dave

Dave your hunch is correct.

First of all the helmet you are showing is not an original TR painted helmet , nor is the decal correct.

The oxidation you see is actually acid they use to give the helmet a more worn appearance. These acid spots are typical of Latvian ebay fakes.

An original helmet in this condition should never be treated with any chemical products but just kept in a stable environment.

I'm shocked, my godparents are german and have had the helmet for years over there and recently gave it to me when they visited after my dad telling them I've started collecting a few bits n pieces!!

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    I'm shocked, my godparents are german and have had the helmet for years over there and recently gave it to me when they visited after my dad telling them I've started collecting a few bits n pieces!!
    Unfortunately being German doesn't make someone an expert in TR militaria.

I liked the look of the helmet when i seen it,and was going to suggest you wear white gloves when handling it to save the acidy deposits from the fingers from further damageing it.i see some of the guys are questioning the helmet .is it posible to see the liner .personally i wouldnt write it off untill i did a lot more study of it and questioed the german relatives about its origin?good luck

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    I liked the look of the helmet when i seen it,and was going to suggest you wear white gloves when handling it to save the acidy deposits from the fingers from further damageing it.i see some of the guys are questioning the helmet .is it posible to see the liner .personally i wouldnt write it off untill i did a lot more study of it and questioed the german relatives about its origin?good luck
    Hi las Vegas, they're coming over in a few weeks so i can ask them then. If it is fake they can take it back with them, as it'd cost to much to send, its big n heavy, says 58 on the liner!!
    Last edited by LondonJay; 05-04-2010 at 06:58 PM.

?

Hi,sorry but after looking hard at this, the paint and decals are postwar as is the liner, at least it was a gift so no financial loss ,rgds Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast