Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Cover Thoughts?

Article about: Hi guys, I've had this cover up my loft for over 20 years, just found it when I was tidying up. Can't for the life of me remember where I got it. I know it's not a factory issued cover, but

Default Helmet Cover Thoughts?

Hi guys,

I've had this cover up my loft for over 20 years, just found it when I was tidying up. Can't for the life of me remember where I got it.

I know it's not a factory issued cover, but think it may be original zeltbahn, field made. Ok under black light and threads burn ok, no synthetic, plasticy smell, seems cotton or the like.

Any thoughts on it? I suppose even if material is correct, no way of knowing when it was put together.

Any idea on rough value?

Cheers,
    Lenny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Cover Thoughts?   Helmet Cover Thoughts?  

Helmet Cover Thoughts?   Helmet Cover Thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Cover Thoughts?
    P
    Many

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Hi guys,

I know it's not a factory issued cover, but...it may be original zeltbahn, field made...
    I suppose even if material is correct, no way of knowing when it was put together.
    Lenny
    Exactly! Jim G.

Anyone? Does it look like period zeltbahn?

Anyone? Does it look like period zeltbahn?
    Hi, I have never studied the cammo covers, so I could not say if the material is period or not. What I will say is that if it is period material it may or may not be a period cover as Jim states. Here is my amoeba pattern cover that is made from original material and Wehrmacht thread. I aged it myself and used an old piece of thick gauge rusted wire as a "tie cord"! Looks as though it was a field made piece unless you know better! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Cover Thoughts?   Helmet Cover Thoughts?  

Helmet Cover Thoughts?   Helmet Cover Thoughts?  

Helmet Cover Thoughts?  

Any idea on rough value?
    I'll bung you a tenner for it?

here is one for sale http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/viewphoto.php?x=0

but i don't know much about Heer covers as ive been studying SS covers

Helmet Cover Thoughts?Helmet Cover Thoughts?

Hello Lenny,

Just spotted this thread, I also have a cover that has been kicking around for some years and is very similar to yours.
    Unfortunately just like yours it has no markings,but the material feels and looks exactly the same as a zeltbahn I have so I am sure it is made from original material. As for when it was made who knows? Maybe they are wartime but personally I think the one I have is post war made. As for value, probably not much.

Cheers.