Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

helmet decals

Article about: by DougB So please post the photos or as said the thread will be closed, with no prejudice. ...and deleted.

Default helmet decals

Can anyone help with a method to help preserve original decals. I have noticed over the years some degradation occurring, whether this is caused by bacteria, exposure to the atmosphere generally or whatever, I don't know.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet decals
    P
    Many

Default Re: helmet decals

Can you post a photo so we can see what kind of deterioration you mean ?

Just a general deteriation of the sharpness and there seems to be more porosity apparent generally on the decal's surface.

I just believe that unless they are treated in some way in 50 or 100 years they will be in bad shape.

They were simply not designed to last that long anyway.

Most paper products are destroyed by the acid content in the paper.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

can nothing be done to preserve them ade.

As for decals in not aware of anything. I know some museums and framing shops use sprays to keep papers from further deterioration, but I don't think you want to spray an unused decal with any type f liquid. That could spell immediate disaster. Bet I can think is to keep them in an acid free document holder out of direct sunlight and moisture and hope that slows it a little, at least to survive your lifetime

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Just a general deteriation of the sharpness and there seems to be more porosity apparent generally on the decal's surface.
    I would be concerned that what you have is real. Unless its on a rusty relic then it is what it is but you should not notice a deterioration in sharpness over time. Please post photos.

I was reading the post thinking that the decals were still on the paper and were in unissued condition.

Can you please clarify and post pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I was reading the post thinking that the decals were still on the paper and were in unissued condition.

Can you please clarify and post pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    I was thinking the same thing, the only solution to that scenario would be to place them in purpose made acid free document holders or plastic card holders, it would be of help to see the decals

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast