Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

helmet decals

Article about: by DougB So please post the photos or as said the thread will be closed, with no prejudice. ...and deleted.

Default Re: helmet decals

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I was reading the post thinking that the decals were still on the paper and were in unissued condition.

Can you please clarify and post pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Exactly. As Dave said acid free document holders are the best to slow the process. The less handling the better. On helmets less handling is best. Any type of treatment is not encouraged.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet decals
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    I would be concerned that what you have is real. Unless its on a rusty relic then it is what it is but you should not notice a deterioration in sharpness over time. Please post photos.
    It's a secret Doug , we need to give opinions based on text ;-)
    I hope it won't turn into another ten pager with nothing to show for.

?

Waiting for photos...

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

?

ReichSS please post pics as per this thread thanks!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...photos-254259/

Default Re: Threads with no photos

Doug ,

Photos in my thread would be pointless as the deteriation is only apparent over a long time. Some helmets I've had for twenty plus years and the decals have not retained the same "percentage there" as they did then. I fear that unless some acceptable way to permanently preserve their quality is found, at some point in the future they will basically disappear, what we we be left with then?.

?

Decals on helmets should not deteriorate over time unless the helmet they are on are rusted and the rust is active, storage being too high a humidity, or the decals are in direct sunlight, or are being stored outside. Helmets stored in a neutral humid environment, dry, and no natural light should not have any deterioration. I have helmets in near perfect condition from war time. This is why I question if your decals are authentic or are on relics, if they are on rusted relics well not much you can do.

Also because we have no pics we have no idea what KIND of deterioration we are talking about. Rust? Ink bleed? Flaking? A description can be interpreted 1,000,000 different ways so the advice your getting is speculative at best. Look at this thread, we dont even know if we are talking about loose decals or decals applied on helmets and if they are helmets are the relics or what?

If you show the helmets and or decals we know what A you are talking about and B how to help. Otherwise its just a waste of time and the readers who want to help but are clueless what your even talking about because you refuse to post simple photos. .

So please post the photos or as said the thread will be closed, with no prejudice.

Cheers
    Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    This is why I question if your decals are authentic or are on relics, if they are on rusted relics well not much you can do.

Also because we have no pics we have no idea what KIND of deterioration we are talking about. Rust? Ink bleed? Flaking? A description can be interpreted 1,000,000 different ways so the advice your getting is speculative at best. Look at this thread, we dont even know if we are talking about loose decals or decals applied on helmets and if they are helmets are the relics or what?
    Indeed , Reichss did someone put barbed wire around your camera to prevent you from using it ?

I feel bad for a fellow countryman who seems to be coming up with many lemons of late. Almost every thread of his ends up being a dud, poor bugger - must be like a kick in the guts every time! Just goes to show that we can think we have a genuine item, only to find out it's a piece of crap ...... live & learn, live & learn.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Most people are happy to show off their collection.

In the meantime here's a few relic decals to look at while ReichSS charges his trusty point and shoot.

helmet decalshelmet decalshelmet decalshelmet decalshelmet decalshelmet decals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast