Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

helmet emblem need help

Article about: hi all i have been offered m40 helmet. the helmet is fine but the decal i am not sure about please any advice is great. thanks please excuse the block on the pic they have come from germany

Default helmet emblem need help

hi all

i have been offered m40 helmet.
    the helmet is fine but the decal i am not sure about please any advice is great.

thanks

please excuse the block on the pic they have come from germany and the guy said he is not allowed to show a swatstika.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet emblem need help   helmet emblem need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet emblem need help
    P
    Many

Paint and decal are bad.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Paint and decal are bad.
    Yep fraid so, the decal just jumps out as a recent repro but if you look to the right of it there is a clearly visible sag in the paint so even if the colour etc was correct (hard to tell due to monitor factors but I don't really like it) the sag should just not be there.

I would just write this one off and make a note of the seller. Maybe he just doesn't know what he is selling but somehow I doubt it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Agree with above replies. The head graphically is pretty decent...as is the left wing edge...(the right wing to us viewing it). But that's about it. The fakers do try hard...But they still have a lot to learn
    D.