Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!

Article about: Very interesting video. You can easily imagine how Germans in 1946 would be pleased to have these helmets recycled into something peaceful and useful, symbolically and practically putting al

Default Re: Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!

Very interesting video. You can easily imagine how Germans in 1946 would be pleased to have these helmets recycled into something peaceful and useful, symbolically and practically putting all that horror behind them. So its rather nice in a way. Though at the same time rather painful for us to watch now!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!
    P
    Many

Very interesting film. Just wondering whether the factory shown made helmets before, similar machinary is used. The place in the film was Fulda, I have a M40 made in Fulda by EF, so maybe the factory that made my helmet during the war was adapted to make sieves out of them instead.

What I find hilarious about this video is the fact that it sounds like the narrator is a more embarrased and slightly older version of the one from this video: THE GERMAN HELMET - YouTube

Well, I definitely liked the "making of helmets" video, rather than the "destruction
    of helmets" video - I felt like screaming stop, Stop, STOP.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Our club actually owns one of these, we paid £20 for it and Lez uses it at events. We bought it as a talking point.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

And of course .. the infamous "Road of Helmets" ..

Croydon Road built from German Helmet | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!  

.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Found a pic of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!!  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Is this why they called us BRITS limeys?
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet Guys.....Look Away Now!!! 

I remember reading an article in, I Believe, Popular Mechanics from just post World War One. In it, I was amazed to see a suggestion of how the tons of then surplus M17 helmets could be used to top the posts of your chicken coops(you put them rim down on top of the 4 posts and then placed the coop onto the posts and bolted it down. The idea was to keep rats from climbing the posts and getting into your chicken house. I always wondered how many met their ends in this fashion...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast