Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet hell

Article about: This is were all the "bad helmets went" 👹👺💀 I just wanted to cry😥😥😥. Enjoy Marty

Default Helmet hell

This is where all the "bad helmets went" 👹👺💀
    I just wanted to cry😥😥😥. Enjoy
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet hell
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up

I've seen a wide variety of this sort of post war modification to war time equipment in 2 or 3 museums in Germany. One was in Nurnberg.
    Sarge

Interesting that this was done at Emaillierwerk Fulda (EF factory).

?

Barbarians!!!

ahh ya get that, helped lots of people out, and better than chucking them in a lake somewhere

It's awful to see but we collectors are viewing this out of context and in a way it is this kind of process that makes our collections as valuable as they are. What galls me more than this is the sight of those huge piles of used lids at various POW collection points where we see so many now rare and exotic items scooped up for scrap

As Rene says it was a time of great need for people at large and this was a very practical use for factory stock of newly made yet unfinished items (I don't think they did this with field recovered items, they were just scrap).

Looking at it slightly differently, can you imagine the health and safety implications of doing this today

This is just like all the French gear that was used to ballast empty English ships returning accross the channel after the defeat of Napoleon. Oh to be just an occasional time traveller!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."