Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Help

Article about: This helmet was brought back by a Canadian veteran, a family member, and i've been having much difficulty trying to find a similiar style/patterned helmet. The main problem is the camo patte

BIGCAN
    ?

Default Helmet Help

This helmet was brought back by a Canadian veteran, a family member, and i've been having much difficulty trying to find a similiar style/patterned helmet. The main problem is the camo pattern. Were camo patterns standardized amongst units or was there a certain amount of soldier inspired originallity?
    I've listed the facts I've been able to accumulate thus far:

Looks like pretty standard stuff, maybe not though
    M1940
    ET66 Eisenhüttenwerke Company Size 66
    Production stamp 450
    M1931 Chinstrap RB#00438/000

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Any help would be appreciated,

Thx for your time

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Helmet Help

Looks to me as a good helmet, but , please use our forums uploading system
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

BIGCAN
    ?

My Apologies, its my standard way of posting pics...I'll check the pic posting thread now......Any idea on the camo pattern?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Help   Helmet Help  

?

looks like a mid war eastern front rare helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

BIGCAN
    ?

TY for the response, would you have any links to pictures showing the helmet in that area of operations mid war

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Regarding camo patterns: many were done simply by soldiers themselves and are "one offs". Others were applied en masse at unit level to an almost standardised pattern, mainly because they were the work of a small group of men working with an air brush.

Some patterns can be attributed to units, such as the Para helmets of FJR6 in Normandy with a three colour camo of tan yellow, red brown and green.

The use of these three aforementioned colours has been dubbed "Normandy camo" in collectors terminology. The paint shades were the standard ones used on vehicle camo.

Cheers, Ade.

?

It's quite a difficult to search all of the books, but they are for sure exists. As I can tell, from my practice- a lot of similar helmets was found in the past from the Wolchow front till the Kurland pocket. Here is similar example
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

That was done due of not a totally snow around, after the explosives the area mixed with the pieces of earth...
    Regards,
    Dimas

BIGCAN
    ?

Ty for your help guys, The family relative did criss-cross the european landscape but i believe he was mainly in three areas: Normandy through to Holland and later in berlin. I'm not sure how he would have came across a helmet that was used on the eastern front, although i'm sure there are probably a thousand different scenarios where he could of laid his hands on one. Thanks again.

?

The helmet can go to the western front with soldier who served before in eastern front.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast