Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet ID in pics

Article about: Is it possible to ID (maker, type) of the helmet the gentleman is wearing in the pic? The closeup pic was made in 1940 and the helmet looks to me like an M35 (based on vent). The unit pic wa

?

Default Helmet ID in pics

Is it possible to ID (maker, type) of the helmet the gentleman is wearing in the pic? The closeup pic was made in 1940 and the helmet looks to me like an M35 (based on vent). The unit pic was made in 1941. So I assume the man in the pic is wearing an M35 with tricolor shield and Luftwaffe Adler (what type of Adler decal would be used at this time?)

How much $$ would I need to collect in my piggybank for a nice M35 double decal Luftwaffe helmet?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet ID in pics   Helmet ID in pics  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet ID in pics
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helmet ID in pics

i think this may be an ET helmet,,,probably second pattern lufty eagle,,,$$$$

Definitely an M35.

A double decal Luftwaffe with a drootail eagle (snakeleg or straightleg) is more expensive and nice one will be about 2250-2400$
    One with the other eagle type (often called 2nd type) will be around 1900 - 2100$.

Both adlers where used at the same time strangely enough (but the drooptails far less).

They have a couple DD LW M35's for sale on the WAF e-stand at the moment. One is a drooptail and one is a 2nd. pattern. You should have a look around there.

Yes...that helmet looks like an early M35 with the "bulbous" rivets! I have a droop tail model with those types of rivets. They are nice helmets.

Rob