Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

helmet identification please

Article about: Hello to everyone, I have just joined and this is my first post, I need some help please identifying this helmet, I purchased this helmet locally to me Essex England after it was discovered

Default helmet identification please

Hello to everyone,

I have just joined and this is my first post, I need some help please identifying this helmet, I purchased this helmet locally to me Essex England after it was discovered in a deceased mans home with another helmet I missed out on !

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated, Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet identification please   helmet identification please  

helmet identification please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet identification please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: helmet identification please

Welcome to the forum mate! It's a fireman's helmet, and it's been rather obviously repainted. Don't know any further details, though I'm sure someone will chime in soon with more info.

Nitram

Thanks very much, from research i gathered it was some kind of fireman's helmet owing to the neck guard attachment, the weird thing is the paint just looks original to me the whole helmet smells feels and looks old if that makes any sense. I am also curious about the illuminated band around the helmet. I have seen something similar on a dealers website looking pretty similar to my helmet with a Luftwaffe eagle. Thanks again

?

I know some time post war helmets were painted a reflective white, so as to better be seen in smoke. I don't know if this was done during/before the war too.

I think the helmet on the dealer's website may be a Luftwaffe Fire Fighter's helmet. More info here: German-Helmets.com

Nitram

It's a post war fireman helmet I'm quite sure, the liner is quite different to the wartime one. And the shell looks a little different too. I've not seen one with so many rivets before I don't think.

I'd date it at mid fifties to mid sixties

Are there any markings on the shell or anywhere else?

thanks very much for your comments, I cant find any markings on it at all, I cant seem to even find another similar anywhere.