Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET

Article about: Hello guy,s.Here i wish to show you M35 model helmet wich belonged to Knights Cross owner Karl Radermacher.Helmet has been discovered last year in Kurland pocket.Brave soldier born in Aachen

Default helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET

Hello guy,s.Here i wish to show you M35 model helmet wich belonged to Knights Cross owner Karl Radermacher.Helmet has been discovered last year in Kurland pocket.Brave soldier born in Aachen and passed away in Aachen just few years ago.

There was clearly seen rank -Ogfr- and last name -Radermacher- when helmet has been found. With drying out some letters gone but some still are clearly seen.After some historycal research there has been found only one Radermacher who fought in Kurland pocket.And there is no doubt that this helmet belonged to him. Internet sources show all info about this soldier and the way of his war career.Radermacher was lucky to survive war and return back home.

Helmet it self is still strong with few layers of paint on it - some traces of wermacht eagle and little remains of tricollor decal .First paint of helmet has been yellow brown ,later repainted light green,and finaly dark green.Some small spots show white winter cammo also. Remains of liner are there with chinstrap included.Rank and last name partly readable. Hope guys you will enjoy it
    For unknown reason i cant upload more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET   helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET
    P
    Many

Default Re: helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET   helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET  

helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET   helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET  

helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET  

Helmet is cleaned as much as possible and wax cowered.Can somebody post here some pics of Karl Radermacher??
    Thankyou

4md
    ?

here he is wearing an m42, this photo is in Ken N's book
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet of Knights cross owner-Karl Radermacher-from KURLAND POCKET  

That is a truly fascinating and excellent find! And when you have a name and a face to attach to the helmet, it almost comes alive. This is one of the many moments when I wish helmets would speak!

Thankyou 4md for photo and Poromies for coment-you are right!

?

Very interesting lid , i have corresponded with Radermacher and have a few signed photos of him , as far as i know he is still alive !! He was also a holder of the CCC in Gold and as i understand from some diggers i know in Kurland a Gold clasp was found a couple of years ago !!!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great find, as Poromies said good to put a face to the name. Thanks for showing

Jason

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Very interesting lid , i have corresponded with Radermacher and have a few signed photos of him , as far as i know he is still alive !! He was also a holder of the CCC in Gold and as i understand from some diggers i know in Kurland a Gold clasp was found a couple of years ago !!!

cheers

Paul
    Thanks Paul for your coment.That,s great news-that you had corespondence with K.R. BUT ARE YOU SURE HE,S STILL ALLIWE?? I would be glad to send hi,s helmet pics to him

?

Wow, if it really is the RK winners lid and clasp.

Amazing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast