Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

Article about: The markings are not like instead of "QVL62" these that is selling the German militaria page? The Collector's Guild

?

Default Re: Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

fingers crossed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet M42 Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Bought a helmet exactly like this when I was in second or third grade, maybe. I always thought it was neat and so I accepted it as a payment for mowing a neighbor's lawn, something like $20.
    There was a providence on it that she told me, some sort of bring back, but I can't remember as this was years ago.

It's got that identical grey paint, recognized it immediately. It's back at my parent's house in the toy bin, But I have some pictures of me playing army with it. I know from memory that mine said *QKL* (yes, I'm quite positive), but the serial number was 5500 or so (i don't remember the last two digits). interesting seeing as how this one is in the 5900's. I obsessed over it for many years before I started *collecting*, collecting; and so I'm confident about the stats here.

I found the following pics still on my memory card from home-I removed the liner band screwing with it at one point, but it was an original band. the liner was totally gutted, minus some scraps of leather looking pretty much exactly like the one in this picture,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet M42 Original or Fake?   Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?   Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?   Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  

?

forgot to mention-mine had that same unusual (fake?) black paint in the dome, although the exterior grey paint covered the skirt inside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3