Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

Article about: The markings are not like instead of "QVL62" these that is selling the German militaria page? The Collector's Guild

Default Re: Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

The markings are not like instead of "QVL62" these that is selling the German militaria page?

The Collector's Guild

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet M42 Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

I seem to see that the numbering is above a "C" and after 2

Nice, I say qvl too, the air vents have a look of frogs eyes to them, very high up on the dome. If this is complete and factory original then it's a fantastic find

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice, I say qvl too, the air vents have a look of frogs eyes to them, very high up on the dome. If this is complete and factory original then it's a fantastic find
    Not complete and factory original, as it has been recently refurbished. Perhaps a reenactor with no collecting experience did not realize what kind of helmet he had.

Hi,
    Nice 42 shell but as said refurb, if you look at used hemets you will find the rim well rubbed this one is to clean,
    also the liner clips are worn and a small part of the top of the helmet but no where else. But im not sure about the liner it,s self.
    Dave.

Even as a refurb if the price was right I'd go for it, I have a thing for these type of rarities I think, a Q42 is on my wish list somewhere near the top

?

they are not that hard to find i have restored 3 in the last two months and have seen alot more on ebay

?

Are you talking about Q or qvl helmets, if youve seen that many qvls on E-bay you should have gone for them, because they are rare

?

yup qvl i new they were rare but i didnt think they were that rare there was 4 on ebay befor xmas i think they were $89 each was going to buy them
    but got one or two ET shells instead ill email the guy i buy my shells of and see if he has any left

?

for that price id buy as many as he's got if i could afford it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast