MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet mold

Article about: Thought you might like to see this item I have seel for sale. Not cheap to produce. Looks to be an aluminum sand casting mold sheet.

?

Default Helmet mold

Thought you might like to see this item I have seen for sale. Not cheap to produce. Looks to be an aluminum sand casting mold sheet. Helmet moldHelmet moldHelmet moldHelmet moldHelmet mold

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet mold
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very interesting piece. Any idea what it was used for? Combat helmets went through a multi step manufacturing process and we're not molded/cast. See link below

YouTube
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Maybe an old mold for theatrical helmets we often see in films from decades ago that were not true German made. Just my guess anyway

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very interesting piece. Any idea what it was used for? Combat helmets went through a multi step manufacturing process and we're not molded/cast. See link below

YouTube
    I would consider this as a "Die Strike" device, however.. Scissors , Paper & Rock, the old game.. The aluminum could not withstand the vast amount of pressure exerted by the multi ton press on a daily basis or even one such pressing when subjected to steel.. Even after several steps beforehand. Paper covers rock.. JMO.. Interesting piece though
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by MAP View Post

YouTube
    I would consider this as a "Die Strike" device, however.. Scissors , Paper & Rock, the old game.. The aluminum could not withstand the vast amount of pressure exerted by the multi ton press on a daily basis or even one such pressing when subjected to steel.. Even after several steps beforehand. Paper covers rock.. JMO.. Interesting piece though

?

This looks just like the sand molds we use at work. My guess would be theatrical use. Interesting none the less. The price is well below what it would cost to make the mold today.

?

Quote by alikat View Post
    This looks just like the sand molds we use at work. My guess would be theatrical use. Interesting none the less. The price is well below what it would cost to make the mold today.
    As David (Real Steel ) has pointed out, could have been used for mass production of cheap durable look alikes made of resin or other materials as movie props without breaking the bank and thus stored until the next war film. Just conjecture ..

Probably / possibly for the Vulkanfiber helmets.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

CGR
    ?

Helmet mold
    Helmet mold
    Helmet mold
    Helmet mold
    Helmet mold

Picked this up the other day and posted it on another forum and somone posted the link to this thread here. It no doubt was made with either that mold or one just like it. Has the mark in the inside N-43 DIE. I was told by the elderly man that sold me mine that he bought it in 1973 from his friend while they were both in College, he said the guys brother was an extra in the tv show The Rat Patrol and that is where he got it, from his brother. A memeber on the other forum said he bought a similar helmet painted black with SS markings on it from a Military Surplus Dealer in St. Louis back in the 60's and they were advertised as Bikers Helmets by that dealer at 100 bucks a pop back in the 60's I am just wondering what the intended purpose was for the mold and making these helmets. Someone posted on just like mine on the other forum with the same decals, placement of them and the same color on the helmet. Now I know the guy I bought mine from could have made the story up but it was only 50 bucks so why bother to make up a story? People do though I guess. I really just want to know what the heck these are and why were they made?
    Also its quite heavy, over 3lbs.
    Last edited by CGR; 05-12-2019 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Typo

MAP
    ?

CGR,

Wow...thanks for posting. Obviously the helmet is a match and the "Rat Patrol" (btw...loved the show as a kid) story is very plausible. Would be interesting to watch some reruns and see if there are any good close ups (and even see if the wore that fantasy DAK decal.)

I assume it was cheaper and easier to make these than find and rework originals. Plus a lot lighter and more comfortable for the actors to wear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast