MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Helmet mold/repair stand???

Article about: Stumbled upon this on Ebay. The seller referenced it as maybe a German helmet repair block or mold. I've never seen anything like it. Any thoughts?

Default Helmet mold/repair stand???

Stumbled upon this on Ebay. The seller referenced it as maybe a German helmet repair block or mold. I've never seen anything like it. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet mold/repair stand???   Helmet mold/repair stand???  

Helmet mold/repair stand???   Helmet mold/repair stand???  

Helmet mold/repair stand???   Helmet mold/repair stand???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet mold/repair stand???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet mold/repair stand???

Ive never seen anything like it either but its quite well made and possibly a genuine piece, the only doubt i have is the angle of the forward bill more like a droop bill shape, whether there were a number of these for different sizes and types , i dont know

I saw this also. The only use I can see for this might be to assemble the liners. That does not explain why it has the shape of the skirt of a helmet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi,
    I like this item very much, something very different and collectable i think, i have never sen one before but my thoughts are it may have been used to apply the decal before the liner went it. I should imagine there would have been a number of them on a line where the work was done, they would have been in there raw state but i like this one preserved as it is.
    Dave.

?

Im not 100% sure that its for liner fitting, you need access to the interior for that, also application of the decals were done by hand as far as I know and not on a former, im wondering if its some form of quality control mould seeing it bears the no/5, perhaps there were different numbers for different sizes

Hi, Dave,
    i know the decal was put on by hand but my thought was that maybe the helmet was put on the former to apply
    the decal and then swival the former around to do the opposite one, It would be easier than holding the helmet.
    dave.

?

Hello mate, yeah i see what you mean but i remember seeing a period film of how they do the german helmets, making, painting etc and if memory serves i think they just held the helmet in their laps, have to have another look on You tube for the film

m40Ned
    ?

Could it be a stand to sit the helmet on whilst they trim it down to become a paratrooper helmet? Perhaps that's why it comes apart.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Hello mate, yeah i see what you mean but i remember seeing a period film of how they do the german helmets, making, painting etc and if memory serves i think they just held the helmet in their laps, have to have another look on You tube for the film
    Here's the boobtube video THE GERMAN HELMET - YouTube

?

Thanks Rene, thats the one, they use a clamp for the decals

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast