Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.

Article about: Helmet has bags of character.... Chicken is definitely a 4th reich polish export!

Default Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.

This must be my quickest post ever on a group of items I have purchased. I had just arrived home and a chap I know turned up as I was getting out of my jeep. I managed to purchase the items you see in the pictures, I am especially pleased with the helmet. There were a lot of transitional helmets used here during the German Occupation of the Island especially amongst the men of MG.Batallion 16. I am just going to leave this helmet as is, its going to stay covered with cobwebs and be displayed as it...it adds a little something. Bye the way the chicken was not part of the lot, she just likes having her picture taken. Its been a while since I have seen a British water bottle or a WW.1 Mills grenade, niether of these are my sort of thing and will be passed onto any interested party. A nice little lot even if I say so myself.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.   Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.  

Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.   Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.  

Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.   Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.  

Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.

Congrats with a wonderful helmet!

Default Re: Helmet and other items purchased less than 15 minutes ago....fresh from an attic.

Nice man, love the helmet too

Is the helmet that rusty or just totally covered in dust?

Hi,
    Its obviously totally covered in dust but also has areas of very light surface rust....which I am sure with a light oil would fade away to show the original colour of the helmet. A light clean would make it look fantastic I know but its a untouched helmet, and I have enough helmets to leave this one as it is.......... temptation may get the better of me one day and I could end up cleaning it but for now its fine as it is.
    D.

Ok I just couldn't tell looking at it on a phone. Thanks! Great helmet.

I like the chicken!

Definitely a great helmet. The other items are nice, too. And I like the chicken as well!

Is that a British or German chicken? She looks good for 70 years old.

I was expecting more patina but I guess it's been kept in a good kitchen somewhere

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast