MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet production picture

Article about: Was going thru some of my old files and found this picture I had saved way back when. A very interesting picture for me as I have spent a good part of my life in metal stamping. Hope you lik

Default Helmet production picture

Was going thru some of my old files and found this picture I had saved way back when.
    A very interesting picture for me as I have spent a good part of my life in metal stamping. Hope you like this picture as much as I do.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet production picture  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet production picture
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Seen this before. IMHO a very important picture
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Up to seven "Die's" ? or perhaps more ?? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Up to seven "Die's" ? or perhaps more ?? G
    Yep seven draw stages, then trim, edge form,and finish operations. Looks like M16 helmets so gives us an idea of the time period. I am always impressed with the Germans metalworking skills.

Steve

MAP
    ?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Yep seven draw stages, then trim, edge form,and finish operations. Looks like M16 helmets so gives us an idea of the time period. I am always impressed with the Germans metalworking skills.

Steve
    Remember this one Steve? Great metal working skills.......LoL But seriously. As you noted, early production, dirty dies or poor steel resulted in this.

Helmet production pictureHelmet production pictureHelmet production picture

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Remember this one Steve? Great metal working skills.......LoL But seriously. As you noted, early production, dirty dies or poor steel resulted in this.

Helmet production pictureHelmet production pictureHelmet production picture
    I have a helmet somewhere at home that resembles these type of traits... I attributed it to a fake.. Or rather a crude attempt at a genuine helmet.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

G,

Is it an M16? From what I learned (with this helmet), is that this is a complicated process and early on they were still working out the kinks to the drawing process. Most of these were rejected but many got through. As years went by they got better and better...until late WW2 when quality slipped again.

You can read all about it here and watch a video too.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-shell-519461/

Quote:Remember this one Steve? Great metal working skills.......LoL But seriously. As you noted, early production, dirty dies or poor steel resulted in this.

Indeed I do remember that helmet of yours!!