Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this helmet real?

Article about: It appears to me that the shell has been repainted to look old. The shell is defiantely original though as markings are good.Liner may have neen added if it were buried within the shell but

Default Is this helmet real?

Hi. I would like to know your opinions on this helmet i acquired the other day. I,m not that good when it comes to helmets, i prefer edged weapons. Please be gentle, as this is my first ever post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Is this helmet real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this helmet real?

Shell is good , the tricolor isn't , the leather doesn't seems right too ,the paint has to be checked closer ! Difficult to tell more with these pics ,sorry .

Hi Mark

Have to agree with the master on this one. The leather doesn't look original to the lid, The paint is a bit suspect, can you post pictures without flash? Daylight ones are good, seems to be an artificially aged helmet

Cheers Francis and John, appreciate your feedback. I,ll try and get some better photo,s. Only problem is it,s a bit dark now. So i,ll try tomorrow

Hi Chaps, I now have some more pictures taken without flash which will hopefully answer some of your questions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet real?   Is this helmet real?  

Dunno mate. It looks ground dug, lots of rust pits, then artificially aged. The tri looks as though someone's taken a blow torch to it.

An M40, DD?......................... pretty uncommon

It looks too inconsistent to my eyes. The rivets don't look as though they are in keeping with the patina of the rest of the lid.

Depends on how much you paid for it. If it wasn't a lot, then just enjoy it for what it is.

I have to go with john and francis, still a very nice looking helmet though
    and welcome to the forum

Thanks

Danny

Cheers John. I don,t think it is ground dug, and no, i didn,t pay a lot for it. I,ll bring it to Bedford in the new year and let you have a look at it properly. Anyway, it looks good alondside the SS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet real?  

Thanks Danny

Looks good hard to tell without in person look

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast