Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this helmet real?

Article about: It appears to me that the shell has been repainted to look old. The shell is defiantely original though as markings are good.Liner may have neen added if it were buried within the shell but

Default Re: Is this helmet real?

It appears to me that the shell has been repainted to look old.
    The shell is defiantely original though as markings are good.Liner may have neen added if it were buried within the shell but you never know.Some lids were played with by the owners too but there were no such thing as an M40 D/D from the factory thats for sure.
    What the hell.It looks good on display.Nice SS too

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet real?
    P
    Many

Its looks like a post war BGS helmet... the large size of the liner rivits and the large size of the vents..I have a BGS helmet i use for reenactments that looks just like this (only differnt color) my liner looks the same too

Just an update on this one. Mark brought it along to a show today, and i was fortunate to have it in hand. The helmet is real, the liner has been repinned, but its original, its's been post war painted then rubbed off and the decals are definitely real, albeit knackered, but under a loop, and in hand there is no doubt

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Just an update on this one. Mark brought it along to a show today, and i was fortunate to have it in hand. The helmet is real, the liner has been repinned, but its original, its's been post war painted then rubbed off and the decals are definitely real, albeit knackered, but under a loop, and in hand there is no doubt

Just shows that photo's arent the best way but I bet he's happy to find out that its the real deal, well apart from the liner. Which in my eyes makes it a superb piece

Thanks

Danny

Cheers John. I appreciate it mate, and good to see ya today. And yes Danny, i,m very happy. It,s nice to know it,s not a wrongun. Double decal M40?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2