Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?

Article about: Hello, I recently picked up this helmet, and now I am wondering if the camo paint scheme on it authentic right down to the logo. The liner does not appear to be original to me at all, but pe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?
    P
    Many

Yeah, now I really feel like I've been jypped. A little more so than I originally thought. I also picked this one up from the same garage sale for an additional 40. Now I know the liner is completely off and just wrong on this m35(?). Well, a lesson learned indeed. Thanks again, guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

It looks like a m40 and I think it has been used post war as i have seen that liner and chinstrap on many post war refurbs.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Czech heritage on that strap I think. They used many German lids postwar.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Czech heritage on that strap I think. They used many German lids postwar.
    Very cool, did not know that. Maybe a silly question, but do you reckon this was used by a German during time of war as well? Is that hard to determine? Thanks.

The second one almost certainly yes, the paint might even be original on that one. Any other markings in the shell?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The second one almost certainly yes, the paint might even be original on that one. Any other markings in the shell?
    Here's a few more shots of the front of the helmet. There is another mark inside the shell. I've attached pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?   Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

Is this helmet really an authentic post war painted Normandy camo scheme helmet?  

EF62? I'm not so keen on the paint in that pic, the rim is very roughly crimped too?

IMO the second one is messed with as well - it is post war czechoslovak rework but they used different (bigger head) type rivets on most. They were painted black for CD.
    It looks to be redone to resemble a WWII period helmet.on

?

I'd sell them for shell value to recoup what you can as neither has any collector value.

Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast