Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet Websites List

Article about: I and many other new collectors, such as myself, are wondering if some of you might post some good websites to get started on to buy good quality helmets at reasonable prices. Please list as

Default Re: Helmet Websites List

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hello Bob ,

Wouldn't you agree that it is a good rule to tread carefully when dealing with militaria dealers in general or do you claim your sponsors are infallible ?

Regards
    Frank (from two hills away)
    Hi Frank
    I certainly agree with you on that, and so would everybody else......... NOBODY is infallible.............................Always do your homework first

However, i believe that your first post came across as if you knew something that we didn't?

nobody knows it all, and sometimes, yes we get it wrong, tell me a dealer that is as white as white, the difference is to make sure, before you post it, wouldn't you agree?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Websites List
    P
    Many

?

As I've inspected a lot of advanced dealer's sites, there a couple of fakes in each of them, which is nearly impossible to recognize if you deal with thousands of items. But here is a good place to discuss what is your object to spent your money...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    As I've inspected a lot of advanced dealer's sites, there a couple of fakes in each of them, which is nearly impossible to recognize if you deal with thousands of items. But here is a good place to discuss what is your object to spent your money...
    Well said Dimas

?

Recently I identified a bad SS on a very reputable dealer site (not represented here) and was thanked immediately and the helmet was pulled. As well, a helmet on another highly respected dealer site was cast as a fake on the forums but was in actuality a good one that once in hand was proven good, thus showing collectors opinions (and frequent piling on) can err as well as dealers can make mistakes. Nobody is infallible and the day we stop learning is the day we get planted 6 feet under.

That being said, I believe Frank is drawing attention to the fact that we had better do our homework and pay attention out there, dealers and collectors alike.

Yes, none of us know everything. We must always study the total object, not just a part.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Yes, none of us know everything. We must always study the total object, not just a part.
    Yes Bob, you are correct, and i would just like to say a big thank you to Doug, and Frank.

?

Sometimes yes, as I've recognized here the early "Germania" cufftitle as original some time ago And of cause- the helmet decals today is very good copied. But the way I don't buy each helmet even SS, even original... I buy what I like, and I know if I like it- other peoples like it too...Again most of the items controlled not only with eye and nose- feeling is most important in that case
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2