Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which Helmet Would You Choose?

Article about: Hi guys, I surrended to my impulses to buy a SD Heer Helmet from Dave's site. He has some options and so I decided to post 3 of them to hear some opinions and think it'll be funny. I know al

?

Default Which Helmet Would You Choose?

Hi guys,
    I surrended to my impulses to buy a SD Heer Helmet from Dave's site. He has some options and so I decided to post 3 of them to hear some opinions and think it'll be funny. I know all 3 are original and that Dave is one of the best (learn it here). And how it will be my first Heer helmet I would be happy with any of them. The first one is a M1935 SE62 overpaint named, the second a M1940 ET64 and the third a M1942 NS66. The prices in sequence are $ 895, $975 and $795. I would like to have all of them (of the entire site), but I only have money to buy one of them in this price range. Which one would you choose and why?

Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?

Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?

Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?Which Helmet Would You Choose?

I'm also in love with the 1916 Three Color Camouflaged and the Luftwaffe Visor Cap. Maybe I'll sell my car or my house...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which Helmet Would You Choose?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Which Helmet Would You Choose?

I would choose whichever helmet made me happiest. They are all good helmets, but you are the one who must spend the money and live with the helmet. If I had to pick one I like the M35 repainted but for a lower price.

?

That was my first choice too. And which price range you think would be fair. I can try to make an offer.

I'd like it around $650-700. Try lower as he will probably make a counter offer.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I would choose whichever helmet made me happiest. They are all good helmets, but you are the one who must spend the money and live with the helmet.
    Exactly, I could not have said it any better!

Just to complicate matters, I would choose differently. Given that the M42 represents the helmet most used in the 2nd half of the war ( and from D-Day onwards ) plus the rarity of having one still with a decal, I would choose that one.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks Dan, it's really a good point. At first I prefer the M35 because it's overpainted and named...The M42 is cheaper than the others too. But it's a really difficult choice. That's why I started this thread. Just to heard opinions, learn some more and mark good and bad points of each one.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Just to complicate matters, I would choose differently. Given that the M42 represents the helmet most used in the 2nd half of the war ( and from D-Day onwards ) plus the rarity of having one still with a decal, I would choose that one.
    Dan
    You have also chosen wisely, my friend! lol. We all have our own taste in helmets, that's what Halas collecting them extra fun. Everyone likes something different. I don't think he can go wrong with any of those helmets.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Dan
    You have also chosen wisely, my friend! lol. We all have our own taste in helmets, that's what makes collecting them extra fun. Everyone likes something different. I don't think he can go wrong with any of those helmets.

?

For what it's worth, I like the "named" helmet because it gives it a personal touch. I also enjoy researching the name and trying to find out a little background on the helmet.

I'd go M42 or M40, probably m42 because of the price. I like the M35 the best, based on condition, but I wouldn't pick it since it is too small. (I like to be able to wear my helmets).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast