Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which Helmet Would You Choose?

Article about: Hi guys, I surrended to my impulses to buy a SD Heer Helmet from Dave's site. He has some options and so I decided to post 3 of them to hear some opinions and think it'll be funny. I know al

Default Re: Which Helmet Would You Choose?

If I had to choose I'd go for the m35... it's got a lot of character to it, a named liner and a good decal. I personally think that it missing the original chinstrap is a bummer though, not a big thing to others perhaps but I just like the aesthetic of an original chinstrap with commensurate wear nicely displayed over the brim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which Helmet Would You Choose?
    P
    Many

Chin strap is unfortunate but not always a deal breaker. There are well worn straps out there to add, but they don't come cheap.

?

I would go for broke and buy all three, LOL just kidding I would go for the M42
    Curt

I like the M35, but when it comes down to it, it's your personal choice.

Get the M42, its a classic, and the decal is a super bonus.

?

Thanks guys for so many replies and different points of view. You helped me a lot... to be more confuse...LOL. I have 100% certain... that I still have doubt between the M35 and the M42, but how I said I only have money for one of them.

Which one of them can you not stop looking at? That's the one you buy!

or, when in doubt, buy all of them. It's only money

?

Hi cart,

I'd buy the named M35 because it's mine and I've consigned it to Dave. (he sells most of my helmet's for me as I don't have time to sell) So I am biased LOL. It came to me as is without the chinstrap and it has a boatload of charachter. I've owned it for about 6 years or so and it's a very nice classic reissue with DD. I think he has it priced right, at $895 (was $995) but I'll knock another $50 off for you for being a WRF member. The others are nice too but I'm partial to M35's - so I like mine - But then again I am biased... ;-). LOL. Happy hunting!

Cheers
    Doug

i would have picket the m40 just dont like the runs in the m35 paint but the more i think about it m35 had a longer life witch to me makes it have more charachter as you said. i have looked at that site before and if i had have known this a little while ago i would have taken you up on your offer.

62's almost look like toys to me, that are that small so if I had to buy one I think it'd be the M40.

Although owning a genuine DougB-owned lid adds value to the M35!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast