Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helmets at melbourne collectors fair

Article about: just would like to here if any of the melbourne guys went to the arms and collectors fair at the show grounds. and if you did what are your thoughts on the ss m35 helmet there, and there was

Default helmets at melbourne collectors fair

just would like to here if any of the melbourne guys went to the arms and collectors fair at the show grounds. and if you did what are your thoughts on the ss m35 helmet there, and there was a m42 camo there to. but that ss helmet was a dd m35 he said the decal was a shampain made or somthing in the line,s of that. the decal was very wide and the ruins were thin and were well under the break. the helmet in the inside was a different color to out side. the out side was green the inside was browny color. the liner was a dark brown color he was asking 10grand for it. but would have liked to have taken some photos but couldent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmets at melbourne collectors fair
    P
    Many

Default Re: helmets at melbourne collectors fair

He was probably referring to the NS/SE "champagne" decal. Here is a link: SS Runic Decal Reference Section

Corey

Hi there, Geelong.

I am always very suspicious of the militaria at that show, especially the helmets. I have seen a few real helmets - but many are forgeries (at least they were the last time I was there).

As for the SS helmet you mention, I really cannot say - but I would be very wary.

Best,
    Josh

yea everything there was about 100 to 500 more dollers then you would pay anywere else.

i had a look a the ss decals on this site. it dont seem to match any. im hopeing that somone else will go there this weekend and have a look. i no the dealer his is a realy nice guy.i herd he had this helmet a week ago and was told he would be there this weekend, thats why i went up to have a look. theres no way i would be spending that type of money on a helmet at this point of time ha ha. i dont think it will sell in a hurry so might be able to get so photos at a later date.

?

Pics please!

?

It wasn't IS Wright from Ballaratt was it? The bloke who runs the militaria side there hadn't the best reputation...even the IS Wright mob in the Sydney store are wary of him

4md
    ?

I went to the Adelaide gun and Militaria fair two weeks ago. There is probably a lot of the same dealers at the two shows. A majority of the helmets i saw were messed with. There were a few good ones but a little over priced. The best was a ns reissue heer for about $ 1100. I love going to these shows and you can find some great items but as far as German helmets go i would still rather buy O.S. Although my dream is to find a killer helmet in Oz..... The elusive DAK

I remember an ss lid that was in a glass case that was said to be a "champagne" decal, It looked suspect to me, not sure if it was the same dealer or helmet.

regards Paul

Yea Dave wright is from ballarat but the not other wright there's two of them one a auction group australia wide. but. That's not Dave. I will ask him if he will let me take some photos but won't see him for a while.he will be Qeensland next week. And he was in SA two weeks ago. Yea iswright well what can I say grrrr. and yea thats the helmet in the glass case he got it out for me.

?

I have no problems with IS wright in Sydney, all the stuff I have bought from there has been good, though he did have a SD SS M42 that was a little dodgy....I have a SD M35 Heer from the Ballaratt mob, I bought it at the Melbourne fair 4 years ago, before I heard there views, but it checked out ok, but that was 1300 bucks!

I missed the opportunity to get a SD heer Afrika Korps lid from an antiques store on the mornington peninsula, it sat there for a year, then when I bought a Italian flag captured at Tobruk, by the store owners father, he mentioned he had just old the lid, which his father bought back from Tobruk with the flag!!!!! He even had a pic with his dad holding the helmet in Tobruk!!! Talk about provenance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast