Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmets of War

Article about: What is the deal with those red cross decals he has for sale. I thought all medic helmets were field done. I have never heard of them and the two helmets he has pictures of are bad. chris

Default Helmets of War

Hello everyone,
    Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but the Army doesn't give me too much free time. I came across this website and was wondering if it was a trustworthy website? Is the seller credible? Has anyone bought anything from here? The helmets look pretty good but the prices are on the lower end so I'm a little weary. I wouldn't mind buying one of their helmets if they are all authentic and if it's from a credible seller. Thank you! Have a nice day everyone.

Here's the website:

ORIGINAL HELMETS FOR SALE | HELMETS OF WAR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmets of War
    P
    Many

Well, he does mention the Moderator here DougB by his full name and apparently knows him, as he is using his authentication of one of his helmets in a description, so I would suggest emailing Doug and seeing what his thoughts on him are.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If you are going to buy a helmet post it here first for us to help you if it is good or bad..
    chris

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well, he does mention the Moderator here DougB by his full name and apparently knows him, as he is using his authentication of one of his helmets in a description, so I would suggest emailing Doug and seeing what his thoughts on him are.
    I can get a dozen requests via email or PM in a week to ask for my opinion on helmets. (This is one reason why I will turn off my PM on forums when my time is tight.) I try to answer them all and help those who seek it as best I can, with the caveat that decent photos and details are provided and they provide information as to who they are. Some will even mail me the helmet to look at and inspect hands on. In any case I simply do not remember everyone so forgive me if I do not know recall this fellows name. I do recall giving him an opinion (I do not do "authentications", I only offer an opinion when enough is shown to form one).

I think this is the fellow who had my entire SS decal reference thread on his site as if he wrote it. I wrote the fellow and ripped him a new one and he promptly replied and took it down, chalking it up to his website builder putting it up. Whatever, at least he removed it and I think he references it here on the forum in his website.

In any case I do recall seeing an email with this helmet and it is a touched up EF SS M42. He seemed like a nice enough fellow via email and wanted to be selling only originals, from what I remember, but I did not expect him to use my name. (and I didn't "own" 250 SS helmets at one time, I told him I had at least that many through my hands for a detailed inspection...) I guess we will have to have a conversation about the use of my name and erroneous quote.

However, this gem of his is not original, from his personal collection. And more lot number fallacies thanks to the book which is taken out of context so many times now it makes me sick. Repeat after me everyone - Lot number has nothing to do with service branch. Period. It doesn't matter what is in a self published book. Liner looks suspect and at the very least not original to the helmet. Fake EF (not Pocher as he says) SS runic decal. Party decal appears to be an ET knock off. Repainted postwar as well I believe. Id love a closer look at the strap.

The bottom line is this fellow is in the helmet business but is clearly not an expert at what he sells. Like most dealers, buyer beware and post before you buy.

M35 ET64 WAFFEN-SS double decal COMPLETE HELMET WITH LINER & CHINSTRAP | HELMETS OF WAR

M35 ET64 WAFFEN-SS double decal COMPLETE HELMET WITH LINER & CHINSTRAP
    This M-35 is a factory issue Waffen-SS ET64 with a C.A. Pochers applied decal. The rear lot number is 3616, suggesting 1938 production year with the outer liner band being the earlier aluminum non-reinforced version and dated 1937. For those of you who like to research lot numbers you’ll be glad to know that this one fully checks out and an example is sited in Brian Ice’s lot number reference book. A book I highly suggest as it only costs $15 and will save you from being burned on M42 SD SS helmets which have been converted from late war ND Heer’s. The liner and all pins, chinstrap, etc are completely untouched and in near mint condition with the chinstrap bearing the maker’s mark and dated 1938 Munchen. The front left hand side of the inside liner does show some dark staining which may actually be the remnants of dried blood however this is highly speculative on my part. The decals show your typical glue and lacquer factory application, and the paint has a light apple green hue with a nice dull patina. Overall I doubt I’ll ever run into a finer example so this one is staying with me for now as part of my personal collection.

-- at least he is not selling it but keeping this fake for himself.... --

Thank you for that input Doug.
    chris

?

I would love to buy the M35 ET64. If the price is right ($200 tops) I would buy it. I don't have this decal in my reproduction SS collection and I think it would make a great study.

The real EF SS M42 with the touched up decal was originally offered on ebay but was later taken down by the flea-bay police. I almost had it, but he beat me to it.

Samir

Quite a loser , I wouldn't spend a dime on that site. Another wannabe dealer. Rip him another one Doug.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I would love to buy the M35 ET64. If the price is right ($200 tops) I would buy it. I don't have this decal in my reproduction SS collection and I think it would make a great study.

The real EF SS M42 with the touched up decal was originally offered on ebay but was later taken down by the flea-bay police. I almost had it, but he beat me to it.

Samir
    Hi Samir,
    It's really a nothing EF fake decal that's been around a while, it's not worth having to spend money on as it's an obvious visual fake. The real good ones that are graphically perfect are the ones you want to get in hand, IMO.

EF fakes are easy to tag out. Nobody makes a good fake of one that I have seen.

Cheers
    Doug

Hi Doug , there's nothing worse than somebody using your good name without consent , especially when they are plainly conning an unwary and ill informed collector. Give it to him with ALL BARRELS Doug , he deserves it!! EDIT:: Just had a look on the site , at least the EF is a genuine one even if it's been messed with , I am sure I have seen that one somewhere before though!! Leon.

I'm sure I have seen that firewood background before in connection to fake lids.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast