Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue

Article about: WWII Czech Model 1932-34 helmet??? Reissued to the Luftschutz (Air Raid Defense)??? Anyone ever seen one of these? If so what are your opinions on authenticity and the helmet overall. Any id

?

Default Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue

WWII Czech Model M34 - 1932-34 helmet??? Reissued to the Luftschutz (Air Raid Defense)??? Anyone ever seen one of these? If so what are your opinions on authenticity and the helmet overall.

Any idea on value and authenticity?

Thanks, Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue   Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue  

Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue   Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue  

Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue   Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue  

Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Czech Helmet...Luftschutz Issue
    P
    Many

?

Brother, I have only seen one and that was a couple of years ago at one of our local gun shows and that one had the air vents holes like the M34 going around it. I don't know crap about these so please wait for the experts to chime in.
    Semper Fi
    Me

?

Thanks Phil...Here is an old thread. Have not seen one before with RLB Decal but have seen with Luftschutz winged decal as shown here.

Czech M34 Luftschutz

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Brother, I have only seen one and that was a couple of years ago at one of our local gun shows and that one had the air vents holes like the M34 going around it. I don't know crap about these so please wait for the experts to chime in.
    Semper Fi
    Me

?

You are quite welcome. The one I had seen and can not attest to its authenticity had the RLB emblem on the front but I need to add that the M34 vent holes I was talking about are like the German M34 fireman's helmets . The 7 hole pattern that goes around the upperside of the helm. I know experts will chime in soon!!

SF Bro
    Me

I would pass on this one.
    I do not like this decal.
    The white and black RLB decals are fakes
    There is a number of variation with RLB decals sizes colors and designes
    chris

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    chris
    Just trying to learn something here.
    If you get a chance can you PM me and educate me on what you said
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

thanks Chris. Decal looks to be navy and silver / white. Does that make any difference on these?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    There is a number of variation with RLB decals sizes colors and designes
    chris

I am definately no expert on Third Reich helmets of any kind, but I can say pretty much for certain that you have an excellent example of the Czech vz32, which was the general issue military helmet of the Czechoslovak military before the invasion. That's worth having in itself, and perhaps worth removing the German overpaint to restore to its original condition. Assuming of course the overpaint and decal are real - I couldn't tell you. Have a look here - German-Helmets.com - for a bit of info on the organisation the decal apparently represents.

Good helmet, anyway, I'd buy it.