Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help on a German helmet, is it any good?

Article about: I was given this German helmet, it was bought at an auction an unknown amount of years ago (at least 15+ years ago). I had a sticker on it and some of the glue is still on the helmet, a stic

?

Default Help on a German helmet, is it any good?

I was given this German helmet, it was bought at an auction an unknown amount of years ago (at least 15+ years ago). I had a sticker on it and some of the glue is still on the helmet, a sticker with a number from the auction. It sadly doesn't have a liner.

I am certain that the helmet has been repainted, on the top there's a few strays of (possibly) grass that was painted over and that's now stuck, and the color itself is shiny on the outside and matte on the inside of the helmet. There were two layers of red/white tape over where the decals usually are, when I took them off some paint followed and revealed what's underneath. On one side I can see first some white paint, then a blue-ish color underneath, and in one spot all layers followed and there's just the grey steel with some faint rust showing.
    I believe the shell is original, but not the paint. Has it been repainted once, twice, or possibly three times? Any thoughts?

Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?Help on a German helmet, is it any good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on a German helmet, is it any good?
    P
    Many

Original M35 Shell, Size 64, Produced by NS...Shell has been repainted, Chinstrap appears original -A Big Plus, as they sell for $100 just by themselves nowadays...
    Glenn

Hi, a post war re-painted M40 shell as Glenn has said. The decals/paint is not original Leon.

That looks like a riveted vent to my eyes...Pretty sure it's an M35 and not an M40...
    Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That looks like a riveted vent to my eyes...Pretty sure it's an M35 and not an M40...
    Glenn
    An M35 it is Glenn, I can see the rivet on the inside of the helmets shell, if only I'd bothered to look closer!! Leon.

?

Thanks to all of you guys for a fast reply to let me know exactly what I have here!

Yup an M35!....

Collegues are correct repainted pwar m35 helmet good for restoration to a reanactor or young collector to display. timothy