Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I'm new here so go easy on me. I was at an estate sale earlier today and this helmet was on its way to being converted to a motorcycle helmet. The guy I got it from brought it back f

?

Default Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet

Hi All,

I'm new here so go easy on me. I was at an estate sale earlier today and this helmet was on its way to being converted to a motorcycle helmet. The guy I got it from brought it back from Germany circa 1970. He was a Vietnam Vet and after his tour in Vietnam he went to West Germany. The helmet was on his work bench with tools and sandpaper at the ready. I convinced him to let me buy it and he gave me the helmet for 10 dollars. He set the price, not me. I'm pretty sure it's legit but I'd like to get confirmation. What I can tell you is the shell is marked SE66 and 2910. The liner has a stamp but its hard to read the shell has a inspector/acceptance stamp too. The chin strap has a stamp in the inside tip. It was so clean I had a hard time believing it could be real but everything appears to be falling into place. Any help would be appreciated. If correct, I got one HECK of a deal. If not, I still got a good deal. Thanks for your help and opinions

Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC HelmetHelp ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet
    P
    Many

Nice helmet !! nothing wrong with this helmet !! Love it !! Glad you got it before this guy would have ruined it !! SF

?

I'm glad you like it. The last time I found one this clean it was a converted Spanish helmet to look like this. This helmet really caught me off guard. I'm very happy it is genuine.

Forgot to say welcome to WRF ! That helmet is a Top shelf piece !! Would love to have it in my collection !! Can you see what`s stamped on the alu inner ring ? My guess is that it is stamped 1937 as it is a single banded alu ring ! Early helmet ! Very very nice !!! SF

?

I'll post pictures tomorrow. I have to hit the rack for another day of yard sale hunting. Thanks.

That is an incredible helmet for twenty dollars. In today's world with the internet I am shocked a person would do that to a helmet without researching more about it.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Great find friend.

MAP
    ?

Amazing. It is a minty one. Looks good to me (but will let the true experts here give the official verdict.

I just got my first one of these a few weeks ago and paid ......well a LOT. I can't see the dome stamp clearly but given the early non reinforced aluminum liner, and stamped sizing mark on the leather I say it is a 1936.

Why can't these things happen to me.......

Take good care of this baby......

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Can't lose for
    ten bucks - even if it were a fake/repro.
    Congrats......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi, welcome to the forum, as first posts go this is a 1st class gold medal winner! That is a fantastic HEER helmet, and a nice early M35 at that. The embossed makers mark on the leather is rarely seen also. You have just begun a collection with a helmet that most of us could only dream about and it was virtually given to you!! Well done, Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast