Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I'm new here so go easy on me. I was at an estate sale earlier today and this helmet was on its way to being converted to a motorcycle helmet. The guy I got it from brought it back f

Great helmet but odd story. Most bikers I know ( and I do know some ) would love to stick it up peoples noses by wearing it as it is. And the vet / biker sat on it for 44 years until he was old before he decided to modify it? Don't believe it sorry....

But thanks for posting it - the helmet is a cracker! !
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help ID M35 SE66 Apple Green Helmet Rescued From A Biker Before It Became MC Helmet
    P
    Many

?

tank destroyer,

I only paid 10 dollars not 20. Please don't have me overpay for this gem.

?

Danmark,

Your skepticism is well understood. At this same sale I missed a 600-800 dollar yellow porcelain Coca Cola sign. He sold it to a lady for 5 dollars. They were giving stuff away. The helmet was on his work bench and may have been sitting there for years. It was covered in dust. At the same sale he had a used clothes dryer and he was asking 100 dollars. You never know. I've been doing this for 25 years and I'm still amazed at what I see. I too own a Harley and would never ride with this helmet. When I was leaving he handed me a 1990 Harley Davidson belt buckle. On Line these bring 25-80 dollars.

mds

A textbook early double decal Heer helmet with an un reinforced aluminum banded liner with the embossed leather typical of early liner assemblies. Nice chinstrap and visible ink acceptance stamp in the dome. Complete and correct in all of its components. A beauty!!!! Welcome to the forum. Jim G.

Quote by mds308 View Post
    Danmark,

Your skepticism is well understood. At this same sale I missed a 600-800 dollar yellow porcelain Coca Cola sign. He sold it to a lady for 5 dollars. They were giving stuff away. The helmet was on his work bench and may have been sitting there for years. It was covered in dust. At the same sale he had a used clothes dryer and he was asking 100 dollars. You never know. I've been doing this for 25 years and I'm still amazed at what I see. I too own a Harley and would never ride with this helmet. When I was leaving he handed me a 1990 Harley Davidson belt buckle. On Line these bring 25-80 dollars.

mds
    Well amazing things do happen sometimes I guess.
    More strength to ya!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There's not even a stain to the liner!

?

I would say that you have just made the deal of most peoples lifetimes in this collecting bug of ours, an M35 in that condition with very good decals, and good paint and liner , its worth a great deal more, at least a couple of grand, but thats not the point, you have become the custodian of a very early piece of Third Reich History, congrats

?

I'm glad you saved it from beeing sandpapered, great catch!

S**t the bed....... Good job rookie

amazing find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast