Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with ID on New Helmet Purchase

Article about: by Gouldy Yeah I love it , it cost me peanuts and has a lot of character. Fair enough!! enjoy. Leon.

?

Default Help with ID on New Helmet Purchase

Hi guys

Saw this and instantly loved it, was wondering if you guys could help me with any info on it. The liner looks original and is very rotted. I cannot see any stamping on the inside of the rim at all.

The helmet seems to have 2 rivet holes and 2 small vents on each side. paint looks original also. ive had a look on here but cannot pin point what it is

Any help would be very appreciated

Best regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with ID on New Helmet Purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with ID on New Helmet Purchase

Looks like a German civil M34 'Square dip' helmet to me. I believe these were used by civilian organisations such as police and fire service during the Third Reich Period. If you do a google image search for 'm34 helmet' you will see lots of similar ones.

Hope you didn't pay much - it's in extremely rough/relic condition.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

nope paid £27 , I really like it and for that money it will look cool sat on a shelf amongst my other stuff, the guy said it was in his dads garage for as long as he could remember (and he was 47) .

the pictures make it look a LOT worse condition than it actually is! , most of the lids black paint is present, the flash has just shown up everything

If you like your purchase, thats all it matters.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

This is a first for me some might consider this rare to find one in this condition most are usually in pretty good condition, but if you are happy with it as said before that's all that counts

?

Yeah I love it , it cost me peanuts and has a lot of character.

?

My first one was a M34 too. But in very good condition. Probably your helmet saw a lot more of the war than mine. Forgetting about price, it's interesting how each one of us like helmets with specific characteristics and condition. And each one of them are a saved piece of history. Congratulations for your new helmet.

As stated Civil M-34 fire police nothing rare about them lots of them around don't sell like combat helmets or as sought after I have seen some pretty bad I don't know how much that might clean up and if you got it cheap enough and like it that is all that counts Look inside skirt for a maker or distributer mark such as Sta Tha or other markings. timothy

I like the civil helmets. Even in this shape it is a good starter and original so congrats.
    You can find some with decals for a fair price also but not what you paid for yours

Here is a few of my favorites that I have.
    Help with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet PurchaseHelp with ID on New Helmet Purchase
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 07-15-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast