Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Help identifying 3 helmets

Article about: by theloop82 Lets let this poor thread die. Then stop replying and it will die a long overdue death. I never have seen a thread on the defense of 3 fake helmets last 5 or 6 pages.... No loud

Default Help identifying 3 helmets

Hello all, Im new to the forum and recently came across some old German military stuff after a reletive passed away. He was in the european theater during the period in and around D-day. He left all sorts of treasures ill post a link to all the other stuff here.

Ill try and put the right things in the right forum, so here are the three helmets, all of which I believe to be German (but you guys are the real experts, you tell me!)

The first one seems to be the least substantially built of them all, but the coolest looking (due to the emblems and the name tag that says "Werntzig") - unfortunately it has a sizable crack in the front of it.

This is the heavy duty (combat?) black one and a slightly different heavy duty green one.

Help identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmetsHelp identifying 3 helmets

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me! Im looking forward to learning more about what I have here!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying 3 helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help identifying 3 helmets

The first is an M34 double decal police helmet (non combat). The second looks to be an M35 (combat use). And I believe the last one is a Bulgarian M51...

Hi, only the first and second(M40) are german, the 3rd is an italian m933.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Edit, I just took anothe look of the liner of the M35 and I believe I was incorrect..Looks to be an M35 with a reworked liner. Not sure by who, though...

?

You're right, Nuno...Italian M33...the chin strap should have given it away for me. I believe however that is an M35 judging by the air vent. Appears to be a seperate piece..

?

The second one appears to be a fake camo with fake liner. The first needs clear closeups of the decals to determine authenticity.

Wow you guys are quick. Ill get some more closeups of the emblems. I do highly doubt any of these are "fake", the wood shims in the police helmet do appear to be put in after the fact for some reason, but I remember looking at these when i was younger with my old relative and he was definitely not the type who would have bought any of these after he got home. He wasn't much of a collector when it involved buying any items, and im sure all these were brought back from his tour of duty, so if any of these are wrong in any way, im pretty sure thats how he found them.

?

I posted this in one of your other threads. You should take clearer, detailed photos (preferably not with a camera phone) of the items in natural light. This will help those viewing to detemermine authenticy.

In addition, on the second helmet, if authentic, there should be a lot number (ex - 4789) and a maker/size mark (ex - ET64). Photos of these will help as well.

By the way, if all are authentic, congrats as you have a nice start to a collection!

Thanks! He was a really great guy, im pretty sure he kept these items because he figured they were worth something, but they weren't on display or anything. I dont think he liked to talk about those days much.

This isnt a camera phone, but i think its specs are probably similar to one! If you have any specific requests other than the emblems let me know, ill do a re-shoot once i get more requests so i can know what to try and get.

?

Try using the macro feature on your camera if it has one (button shaped like a flower), and take the photos in natural light.

Also, on the second helmet, if authentic, there should be a lot number (ex - 4789) and a maker/size mark (ex - ET64). Photos of these will help as well.

And forgive my rudeness, but sorry for your loss. Do you have any other details on your relative and his service? I'm sure the forum would love to hear about him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast