Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help identifying 3 helmets

Article about: by theloop82 Lets let this poor thread die. Then stop replying and it will die a long overdue death. I never have seen a thread on the defense of 3 fake helmets last 5 or 6 pages.... No loud

?

Default Re: Help identifying 3 helmets

Quote by theloop82 View Post
    WOW. Ok, take it easy, i didnt mean to threaten your manhood or anything. I just want to make sure im not walking into a "this guy doesnt know what the hell he has and hes hard-up, lets tell him its all crap and buy it for pennies on the dollar."

I didn't know that Canadians could get so worked up, jeez.

Sorry if i wasn't a member of a forum that i had no interest in the subject of until I inherited a bunch of stuff that I didn't even know the name of.

Forgive me for not taking every post from someone who i dont know from Adam as the gospel.

Nice flame though! I havent gotten the red-ass like that since the old F-body fourm.
    Look loop82, you came and posted items on the forum here, if you thought people here are dishonest hucksters then you should be more careful in your assumptions. I get worked up when the BS flies in order to take advantage of, willingly or not, collectors who spend hard earned money on items that are faked ad nauseum. They actually fake buttons in this hobby and where there is a buck to be made there is someone willing to hose the shit out of someone who will open the wallet before opening his eyes.

And forgive me for not taking every post from someone I dont know from Adam as the gospel.

Cheers, and back to playing hockey with frozen turds......lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying 3 helmets
    P
    Many

eh, professional, passionate collector, same difference : )

Quote by DougB View Post
    Look loop82, you came and posted items on the forum here, if you thought people here are dishonest hucksters then you should be more careful in your assumptions.
    And forgive me for not taking every post from someone I dont know from Adam as the gospel.

Cheers, and back to playing hockey with frozen turds......lol
    I would understand the anger if i said "no its real for SURE" and then spit out some number i want for it. I just said I'm going to find a second opinion before i give up on it. Is that crazy?

I dont blame you one bit for not trusting people on the internet. I would have likely just put them on ebay but A: i dont think thats allowed (swas is a nono) and B: i wouldnt have known what to list these things under if i did. Thanks to the fine folks on this board i have a wealth more knowledge than i did yesterday. So thanks for the ID. I appreciate your pro. assessment.

?

Your entitled to as many opinions as you want. But you said "PM me an offer" and denied every observation collectors gave you along the way.
    So I am not angry, just reached the "enough is enough" phase of this conversation when money and denial became the prime motivators for carrying it past this point.
    Cheers
    Doug

I have temporarily deleted the last few posts. As they may be important to the hobby, irrelevance prevails in this case as far as the the discussion at hand is concerned - IMO that is.

This is not a section of the forum that I have the pleasure of moderating - Our esteemed associate Ade Stevenson has the pleasure of such.

However, I have taken it upon myself to intervene here at this time of the night because firstly, IMO (again), from reading quite carefully, and comprehensively what has been written, I personally feel that the original poster is FULL OF IT, in agreement with Doug - and Ade is not around...

Secondly, this should be a discussion about this one subject - not two. The latter comments posted here about another forum we have nothing to do with do not belong here IMO (and again... )...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

No worries! Sorry to stray off topic..

The OP has posted some other items in different threads. No one has yet confirmed, at least as far as I am aware, the authenticity of these items. I know one item was a political visor cap pieced together with a Luftwaffe wreath but no comments on if it is authentic.

Might be worthwhile looking at as it could be honest mistake on the OP's part. Just a thought before we start accusing him being malicious in any way. Not sticking up for him, just want to give him a "fair trial" for a lack of a better term...

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    No worries! Sorry to stray off topic..

The OP has posted some other items in different threads. No one has yet confirmed, at least as far as I am aware, the authenticity of these items. I know one item was a political visor cap pieced together with a Luftwaffe wreath but no comments on if it is authentic.

Might be worthwhile looking at as it could be honest mistake on the OP's part. Just a thought before we start accusing him being malicious in any way. Not sticking up for him, just want to give him a "fair trial" for a lack of a better term...
    Thanks for that. I think it might have came off the wrong way the fact that I kinda did a form letter beginning to all my posts. In hindsight it seems a bit lazy and businesslike.

The information i have got from these forums in just a day has been invaluable in figuring out what i have. I probably should have never said anything about wanting to sell them until i had learned more, as that makes it seem like i was just trying to pawn some stuff off. I just had so many items and just lined everything up and took pictures all in one sitting because i was at a loss in my search for information and my untrained eye couldn't tell the difference between any of the helmets (among other things you guys have helped me with)

Its just that collecting militaria is not my hobby. I like fixing up old honda dirt bikes and 3 wheelers, collecting guitars/recording equipment. I do have a genuine interest in the history of these items, and in fact, if that civic helmet is a fake, then i like it even more, cause that would mean Tony made it himself, and the thought of that makes me smile. He was always tinkering with stuff, as evidenced by the bayonet in the other post.

I do think its a bit funny that some on here think that forging a WWII helmet to make a few bucks would be a 28 year old's first thought when trying to make some money. I would think that anyone who was halfway good at being a sheister would know better than to bring their forgeries to sell on a site full of people who are well versed in the items. If one wanted to make 200 bucks on a pretty good looking war relic all you would have to do is visit a gun show full of people who didnt know what they were looking at and you could sell most of this stuff. I came here because when i searched to find more out on this stuff, this forum kept popping up with very good information.

?

Quote by theloop82 View Post
    ....I came here because when i searched to find more out on this stuff, this forum kept popping up with very good information.
    ...and ignored every piece of it....

Boy this turned into quite a thread.

Helmet 1 : Fake decals (as already had been stated) , it's a worked up civil helmet and they are not worth that much. 200$ or less.
    Helmet 2 : Doesn't hold much collector value either way as the liner has been taken out and the decal is gone. If original it's worth 350$ at most.
    Helmet 3 : Italian and don't collect those.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Boy this turned into quite a thread.

Helmet 1 : Fake decals (as already had been stated) , it's a worked up civil helmet and they are not worth that much. 200$ or less.
    Helmet 2 : Doesn't hold much collector value either way as the liner has been taken out and the decal is gone. If original it's worth 350$ at most.
    Helmet 3 : Italian and don't collect those.
    I can only echo these comments.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast