Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help identifying 3 helmets

Article about: by theloop82 Lets let this poor thread die. Then stop replying and it will die a long overdue death. I never have seen a thread on the defense of 3 fake helmets last 5 or 6 pages.... No loud

Default Re: Help identifying 3 helmets

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Boy this turned into quite a thread.

Helmet 1 : Fake decals (as already had been stated) , it's a worked up civil helmet and they are not worth that much. 200$ or less.
    Helmet 2 : Doesn't hold much collector value either way as the liner has been taken out and the decal is gone. If original it's worth 350$ at most.
    Helmet 3 : Italian and don't collect those.
    Thanks for the concise information - without the drama. Thats what I came here to find out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying 3 helmets
    P
    Many

?

Quote by theloop82 View Post
    Thanks for the concise information - without the drama. Thats what I came here to find out.
    You know loop, you were told all of this several times and kept denying it. "It wasnt possible, your uncle brought this all back, you played with them as a kid, no faker would ever make such common decals, blah blah blah." I believe the denial count ended at 4 seperate posts before you were finally called out.
    The only drama in here is your acting. At least someone saw through your stories and perhaps saved a member from being sucked into your "PM me with offers" schtick.

Quote by DougB View Post
    You know loop, you were told all of this several times and kept denying it. "It wasnt possible, your uncle brought this all back, you played with them as a kid, no faker would ever make such common decals, blah blah blah." I believe the denial count ended at 4 seperate posts before you were finally called out.
    The only drama in here is your acting. At least someone saw through your stories and perhaps saved a member from being sucked into your "PM me with offers" schtick.
    Look Doug, I understand having a relative who is a veteran of a foreign war is a highly uncommon thing up there in the great white north, but down here in the states, if you are close to my age, all your grandfathers' and great uncles were either in the Pacific or Europe. One grandfather of mine was a medic in Pearl Harbor during the attack, the other one was an MP in Europe, and his brother was my uncle Tony.

You can accuse me of whatever ruse you want (Im not quite sure what you beleive my eleaborate plan to bilk all of you fine people was, exactly) but, I dont know why its so hard to believe that im not some internet con-man. Id be a pretty crappy one with how I have approached this forum.

I am still suprised that some of these items are less than genuine myself, and i was trying to find out why you and others thought it was the case so i could be better informed. I never asked Tony specifically if he brought EVERY item back with him from the war, for all i know he picked it up at a garage sale in the 60's? If you look at the pictures of the other stuff i put in other forums there was a ton of stuff here, and some of it seems to be either correct, or partially correct. How the hell would I know that before putting it on here?

Its also not too much of a stretch to think that maybe im not too hot about displaying a bunch of articles of Nazi memorabilia in the open at my house, and really have no desire to keep every item I snagged before the estate sale rolled through Tony's house. I have alot of friends of different races and they might not view swastika's in a display case in my living room as welcoming.

I dont think asking people who might have an interest in an item that im not too interested in keeping to PM me an offer is out of line. I sure as hell wasnt going to put anything in the For Sale section before I knew what it was and whether it was real or not. What would you have me do? Throw all this stuff in an attic and forget about it? Take it to a pawn shop? I expect that anyone who makes an offer on any item would have a good knowledge of what they were trying to buy, as i made no claims other than the little i knew about it when I posted them.

Thanks for such a warm welcome to the forum and the wonderful hobby of military collecting! Next time im up in Canada ill buy you a crueller at Tim Horton's and show you im not such a bad guy!

?

"recently came across some old German military stuff after a reletive passed away. He was in the european theater during the period in and around D-day. He left all sorts of treasures ill post a link to all the other stuff here"

"so here are the three helmets, all of which I believe to be German (but you guys are the real experts, you tell me!)"

"I do highly doubt any of these are "fake", the wood shims in the police helmet do appear to be put in after the fact for some reason, but I remember looking at these when i was younger with my old relative and he was definitely not the type who would have bought any of these after he got home"

"im sure all these were brought back from his tour of duty, so if any of these are wrong in any way, im pretty sure thats how he found them. "

"im pretty sure he kept these items because he figured they were worth something"

"The M35 seems to have paint over some rough spots so I agree that it probably isnt original, but it does still look really old. "

" I dont think old Tony was in his shop with a rattle can for rustoleum a few weeks ago... "

"Maybe it was painted by him long long ago. "

"like i said, i dont know anything about these things"

"i really doubt that these decals were printed on an inkjet"

"i remember seeing these helmets when i was a child "

" If one were to fake this kind of helmet, why would one make it the most common set of emblems (civil service) and not something more rare"

"I would definatley get a professional opinion before I sold it off for 20 bucks at a garage sale"

"The Italian helmet is for sale. PM me an offer"

"wondered why Tony would bother to mail order fake logos and patina them to match the rest of the helmet in what seems like a pretty flawless fashion."

"I would have likely just put them on ebay but A: i dont think thats allowed (swas is a nono)"

"I would think that anyone who was halfway good at being a sheister would know better than to bring their forgeries to sell on a site full of people who are well versed in the items."

"Id be a pretty crappy one with how I have approached this forum."

These are all your words no?

They pretty much define Huckster Speak and if you could record the words coming from a Hucksters mouth while trying to soft sell their garbage and then defend it when it comes out as fake and trying to sell the story, they would be these words EXACTLY.

And Hucksters show up every now and then on forums like these because that is where thier target market is. You don't fish in sand dunes do you? Like I said, the dead grandpappy war hero veteran story who just sadly died is used all the time and guys fall for that all the time teary eyed and then drop $500 on that fake piece of junk only to find out that some schmuck sold them a story and not something real. These collectors then leave our hobby as they get sick and tired of clowns like you who could care less about our hobby and just want to make a buck. So no, I do not care for guys like you one bit.

You defended your fake helmets ad nauseum and now you are defending the defense of them as a true Huckster does so if you want to be believed then stop playing the role of one and move along - or are you still trying to squeeze a dollar for your fakes here?

I do not believe your story about long lost war veteran Tony and his black helmet you played with as a kid and even if it were true your laisez-fair attitude and ignorance about our hobby and the history have really pissed me off.

And BTW your shot at Canadians and war veterans pretty much sums up your ignorance.

BTW without consulting Google or watching Saving Private Ryan when exactly was D-Day that good old Tony found these authentic treasures?

Quote by DougB View Post

BTW without consulting Google or watching Saving Private Ryan when exactly was D-Day that good old Tony found these authentic treasures?

I think it was the day before (at least according to the time zones) this paper came out... Which was among the other stuff I snagged from Tony's house.

Note: the lack of a Canadian flag on the diagram. Its cool though, im the boys fighting over there were real happy with the maple syrup in their messkits.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying 3 helmets  

?

I was right, I didnt think you knew.

Actually no it wasnt the day before the papers came out, it was June 6, 1944. The lack of a Canadian Flag is because the American who wrote the article thinks the world ends at the 49th parallel just like you do.

And have you heard of Juno Beach? No, because it wasnt in Saving Private Ryan where I am sure you learned your double u double u two history.

I could go on and write you a little history lesson complete with battlefield maps and modern day photos from my battlefield tours of Normandy which include all of the Allied actions, American, British, Polish, Canadian, Free French, etc but as you seem to believe there is but one country on the planet it would be lost upon you anyway.

So grab dear Uncle Tony's newspapers and start to read them, maybe you might learn a thing or two because you haven't learned shit yet sonny.

?

I could stand corrected. I am certain that you learned your history from Call of Duty and you chose to honor your great War Vet Uncle Tony by "snagging" his stuff in order to find out its top dollar and make a buck on his "original could be German" fake war trophies.

You can stop trying to prove Dear Old Uncle Tony is real. I dont give a painters fart if he is or isnt, you just need to get a life and stop trying to interupt ours.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I could stand corrected. I am certain that you learned your history from Call of Duty and you chose to honor your great War Vet Uncle Tony by "snagging" his stuff in order to find out its top dollar and make a buck on his "original could be German" fake war trophies.

You can stop trying to prove Dear Old Uncle Tony is real. I dont give a painters fart if he is or isnt, you just need to get a life and stop trying to interupt ours.
    I agree with DougB,but then I`m a Canadian.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I hope you didn't take my intra-continental ribbing in any other way but good natured. I love Canada, its my 2nd favorite country on earth and a great neighbor. No loud parties, keeps their lawn trimmed.

Now i could understand you being mad if i had say, called you a lying huckster with a non existent deceased family member. Just for the record, I got all his US military stuff too and I wouldn't sell a bit of it.

Lets let this poor thread die. Thanks for the ID.

?

Does Tony have any of these? It is a "Could Be German I Don't Know Tony Would Never Have Ordered Fake Decals And Put Them On Upside Down I Played With This When I Was A Kid Paint Looks Old Cant Be A Fake" SS Helmet.

From DDay. June 5, 1944. Where the Canadians didnt fight.

I snagged it from his house to sell it and dishonor his memory because I love him so much. I will enjoy spending the $100 I got from selling Tony's Fake Crap on Video Game Rentals and a new PS3 controller, COD 4 is coming out and I cant wait for my next history lesson.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying 3 helmets   Help identifying 3 helmets  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast