Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help identifying steel helmet?

Article about: I was at an antique store and with my luck, had no signal to research a helmet I saw. I realy don't ever leave the US realm of militaria, but I believe this is a Spanish helmet from the litt

Default Help identifying steel helmet?

I was at an antique store and with my luck, had no signal to research a helmet I saw. I realy don't ever leave the US realm of militaria, but I believe this is a Spanish helmet from the little I've seen on the forum. 47 bucks, now I have no photos but I found almost exact images online. The specific lid I saw had what looked like two removed decals, one from each side and had some slight paint loss. These photos are all I have to back up what I saw. 47 to me seems high, but that's just my instinct. Any help guys? Help identifying steel helmet?Help identifying steel helmet?Help identifying steel helmet?Help identifying steel helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying steel helmet?
    P
    Many

It is Spanish and $47 is way too much. Jim G.

- - ------- - -

It is Spanish and $47 is way too much. Jim G.

Many thanks to your family for their service.

Just as I suspected! I just had this nagging to check, because I've passed good things up before I'm sure. And thanks for recognizing the service, birthday is in a few weeks so who knows, I could be next in line!

?

I saw a Spanish helmet like this one a couple weeks back except it had an SS and party decal on it! They also slapped a $90 price tag on it...

Quote by jonobo View Post
    I saw a Spanish helmet like this one a couple weeks back except it had an SS and party decal on it! They also slapped a $90 price tag on it...
    Ah, the Modello 'Z' with the aforementioned decals- the poor man's fake.

Hahahaha sounds accurate

?

Nothing more to add really, the guys have summed it up pretty well.
    Spanish Modello Z.
    I've also seen them with the SS runes and party shield decals, but for $150 here in Oz!!
    Told the guy selling them he should have worn an eyepatch and a parrot on his shoulder, coz he was a bloody pirate

Brad.

?

And the sad thing is... people actually buy these fake SS helmets.

Seen them too, grinded of front clip and with all sorts of decals being sold as M42's.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Seen them too, grinded of front clip and with all sorts of decals being sold as M42's.
    What is the front clip for?

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast