Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help With M35, please.

Article about: Hello all, I need some help with an M35 I've had for several years. I bought it with the understanding it was a reissued piece. It's an ET62, lot #3619. The liner band is dated 1940. I can't

Default Help With M35, please.

Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Hello all,
    I need some help with an M35 I've had for several years. I bought it with the understanding it was a reissued piece. It's an ET62, lot #3619. The liner band is dated 1940. I can't make out the maker. It's a field gray paint on the inside and out , with the outside being rough textured. No ink stampings inside. Apple green paint showing on the liner retaining pins. No decal. one of the leather fingers on the liner is missing. Some rust in spots on the outside. I'm interested in selling this helmet in the classifieds, but would like the experts to evaluate as best they can what they think of it, and what it might be worth. Any help would be appreciated! I have included pictures that I hope will help. Thanks a bunch!
    Mark
    Last edited by mlk4114; 07-11-2012 at 07:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With M35, please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help With M35, please.

At first glance it looks ok, but something about the paint doesn't sit right with me for a reissue. Maybe it has been polished or lacquered in it's post war life? Better pics with different lighting might help.

Good job on taking pics in natural light. Now try taking some overall pics. At least the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions.

Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Help With M35, please.Thanks for the comments so far. I don't think the helmet was ever varnished. The reflective surface may be due to furniture polish or something else on a rag used to dust or clean it in the past. I have posted some more pictures in natural light. Thanks again.
    Mark

Hello there, the liner looks correct for a 1940 re-fit,do the liner retaining pins show any signs of have been re-used? The paint work in a re-fit can be smooth on the inside and granulated on the outside or granulated inside and out.The helmet looks as though it is a good one although it is hard to tell from the pictures.If it has had a modern water based re-paint you will be able to get some paint to rub off on a sponge with a good rub,if it is original lead based it will stay put until the cows come home.

Thanks Falschirmjager. I don't think the pins have been used more than once. It's hard for me to tell. The paint does not rub off, that much I'm sure of.
    Mark