Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me please.

Article about: My teacher has this old WWII helmet that I'm trying to restore or at least figure out what it is and I can't find anything on it! I think somebody repainted it black. The back lot number app

MacDonalds
    ?

Question Help me please.

My teacher has this old WWII helmet that I'm trying to restore or at least figure out what it is and I can't find anything on it! I think somebody repainted it black. The back lot number appears to be N224 and the right side I think is Q66. That's Illl I've been able to find on it. no decals are on it I can see except one on the front the I believe some young kid stuck on there when they played around with the helmet. Help me please.Help me please.Help me please.Help me please.Help me please.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Help me please.

It's a postwar painted M40 shell with liner band. If it says "Q66" then it means the helmet was made by Quist and the size is 66. One of the more common sizes. For restoration you will need to get rid of the black paint and apply some paint in the correct color(RAL code) depending on which branch you are trying to copy.

Regards, Lars

Genuine German shell that was Czech used post war for fire service IMO.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Genuine German shell that was Czech used post war for fire service IMO.
    Danes also used them. Fire Service and Civil Defense. I just missed buying a lot of 36 of the CD/CF helmets for next to nothing. Someone was faster than me. All over painted with "CD" grey but with original liners and Chinstraps. I'm still gutted. The price was 25 Danish/DKK a piece

Regards, Lars

I think fire service had 2 holes for the badge and civil defense didn't.
    I have one of each, but both with Czech liners.

?

Are the ones you have Czech or Danish?

Cheers

Yes, Czechoslovak to be correct :-)
    I also have post-war vz.32/34 used by CD.

Here is the link ALEMN 35
    The version with the badge and Czech liner is shown.

Ouch Lars mate, I feel for you there. I would have been on that deal like a tramp on chips.

?

Bad to hear mate. The whole lot would have been cheaper than one repainted German helmet!!

//Sweguy

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Danes also used them. Fire Service and Civil Defense. I just missed buying a lot of 36 of the CD/CF helmets for next to nothing. Someone was faster than me. All over painted with "CD" grey but with original liners and Chinstraps. I'm still gutted. The price was 25 Danish/DKK a piece

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast