Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help needed with helmet authentication please

Article about: Hello, Can anyone determine if this is an original helmet? I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Default Re: Help needed with helmet authentication please

Ok, I get what you mean. It is being sold at an auction, the house has no expertise regarding militaria. I have already requested more/better photos. Not to be argumentative, but people other than members can read my posts, and there are surely members less scrupulous than the majority. Why take an unnecessary risk? Thanks again for the interest and willingness to help, I appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with helmet authentication please
    P
    Many

Be careful with auction houses. They have no guarantees and no returns. I have gotten several good original helmets from auctions, but it is usually a chore getting the pictures you need to make a final yay or nay decision. Ask and see what you get in return. And if its at an online auction the least of your concerns is unscrupulous members outbidding you or running up the bid, lol. Enough idiots do that with online auctions.

I am with Andy here, I think it might be right. Looking at the party shield, however, it looks like there might be a crack in the decal that may be the result of a recent application of a real decal. Better picks are a must to be sure one way or the other. Jim G.

?

You need close up in focus pics of the decals and the lot number and maker/size is required. I'm leaning towards good decals postwar applied.

- - Updated - -

Blew up the police decal, I'm now leaning towards bad....

Possibly a post war put together helmet. I doubt the paint is original; no wear, not even on the rim. No age, nor dust. And this type of liner is often seen on post war put together helmets, with the circled black size stamp. The chinstrap needs a closer look, as does the decals. As far as probability is concerned, this is most likely post war put together with a mix of reproduction and original parts rather than a near mint M42 double decal Police.

?

The liner looks similar to the type used by Soldier of fortune to reline shells for re-enacting sales ...

German Helmet liner

Gary J.

Thanks for all the input, what I have attached are the best I'm going to get. I hope it's enough to settle it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with helmet authentication please   Help needed with helmet authentication please  

Sorry, I still don't like it

What's with the red 'bleed' on the outside of the border on the party decal?

?

Thanks for the closeps, lot number and maker should also be posted. That said these are repro's of NS police and party decals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast