Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help needed SD M35? Real?

Article about: thank you for all the help, this will be on my shelf soon

Default Re: Help needed SD M35? Real?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I got it from a private collector for a fair price. I will take some pictures of the decal in the sunlight, I just spent an hour reading about the differences between Heer and KM decals and this one kinda looks like it sparkles gold in some areas, but time does strange things. also I was looking for a maker mark on the liner band but I have no idea how to begin taking out the liner and I do not want to tear or damage anything, some parts of it seem very fragile, so I will just stare at it on my shelf and smile
    You can try to slip some tracing paper to the band and very carefully rub a pencil over the maker mark, I once got a part imprint doing this, it's not easy though

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed SD M35? Real?
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    You can try to slip some tracing paper to the band and very carefully rub a pencil over the maker mark, I once got a part imprint doing this, it's not easy though
    I might try this

Thats a good idea, Ive done that before to lift hard to see maker marks off canteens and such, this is my first helmet so the problem is I dont know where on the liner band the maker mark is located, inside or outside, front or back, there isnt much space to look down between the helmet and liner, I was looking with a pen light trying to catch a glare or shadow of letters or numbers but didnt have any luck.

Yea please don't pull the liner out. Sometime you just won't be able to know what it says, and that's the way it is. I have a lid I can't read the liner date and I'll just have to go on wondering what it says and I may never know. That's just the way it is.

Yea please don't pull the liner out. Sometime you just won't be able to know what it says, and that's the way it is. I have a lid I can't read the liner date and I'll just have to go on wondering what it says and I may never know. That's just the way it is.
    Oh I know, this isnt some 100 dollar lid, this one is my baby

Liner stampings are on the side of the outer liner band, nearest the shell. It is at the side by one of the chinstrap bales, I forget which side right now, it is 3am and long since time for bed If it's a close fit best to leave it be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3