Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with this please?

Article about: Hello Guys & girls, I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this helmet??. I got in France the other week.I dont know much about these things! but myself & the Missus have

?

Default Help with this please?

Hello Guys & girls, I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this helmet??. I got in France the other week.I dont know much about these things! but myself & the Missus have done a little research to see what we have!!& we both are convinced it is a fake but still a good looking we think!! Thanks for your time Terry. Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?Help with this please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with this please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with this please?

its a post war German helmet that's been made up to look WW2!!

?

Thanks Nick for the info, I like it still so it will sit in the war room with all the other stuff. Cheers Terry.

?

it'll make a good stand in till you can get an original

?

Certainly does Nick, Now I know what I am looking for after spending a few hours on the net & reading my books I should get the real deal next time,Cheers Terry.

I sure hope you didn't spend much on it

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I sure hope you didn't spend much on it
    Agreed, the less the better.

Brad.

Quote by NickD View Post
    its a post war German helmet that's been made up to look WW2!!
    Adding to Nick D's comments, these are the main points
    1) Post war because of the different shell ( no liner rivets ) and liner support method. Also liner has perforated holes at forehead position and the wrong colour for a TR liner.
    2) wrong shade of green for ANY 1939-45 helmet
    3) water slide decals of the wrong shape & size

As long as you can live with it, that's fine. But as you learn and see more correct helmets it may start to annoy you..........
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Cheers Guys for the comments,I didnt spend too much on the lid so Im not losing any sleep there!!! It was one of those its too cheap to be true stories!!, But I like it...So until I find the real thing its staying put lol.. We live & learn...Cheers Terry.