MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help on a SD HEER helmet along with an armband

Article about: Hey guys, well the kid is back and he wants to sell more things to me. If you guys remember he was the one who sold the SS dagger lot. This time he has what i think is a M42 SD Heer, and a N

?

Default Re: Help on a SD HEER helmet along with an armband

He has been, and i love having people like that lol! Guys any tips on getting this thing a little bit cleaned up, without ruining or decreasing the value.
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on a SD HEER helmet along with an armband
    P
    Many

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    He has been, and i love having people like that lol! Guys any tips on getting this thing a little bit cleaned up, without ruining or decreasing the value.
    Ryan
    I always ask myself, do I want to collect history or write history? I try to preserve everything I collect the way I found it.

Hi,at that price I would snap them up!I would leave the helmet as you have found it,it may be blood damage to the leather although I cannot tell from these pictures,either way it is what it is,and if you tamper with it chances are a collector who knows what they are looking for will spot that a mile off. Keep the "history" of this one intact,much more to talk about then, Leon.

M40 helmet... For $200 jump on them! Both originals IMO!

nice deal, i to would be on it like a tramp eating chips but please dont ever mess with or clean anything up youl only rune vaule and collecters worth imho

i would get the helmet at that price good price too. and leve it the way you found it. good find

?

As the guys are saying, great value at $200!
    Best not to clean the items, as it will decrease their value IMO.

Brad.

On it like stink on sh*t, as they say in these parts ;-) I'd sure like to have an M40, but one helmet is all I get or need, although this is what I did with my single decal M42 (So I could actually use another for display ;-), using it as a pot, I like to keep all this stuff together and keep it covered so that awesome smell of old militaria doesn't escape... You can sorta see the rim of the M42 poking out from the side ;-)

Help on a SD HEER helmet along with an armband

?

Hi, I would leave the chin strap on the helmet as its part of its original history and has the same age patina , in fact , if the liner is blood damaged , it could be a corpse cut strap . Secondly , and I hate to put a damper on things but if memory serves correct this 'kid' is a drug user , please be aware that users are notorious liars and also most are thieves especially when it comes to obtaining money for their next fix , they will invariably steal from family members and also from other people , i just hope there will be no come back on the items you are buying from him , so far the items that have been shown look like vet bring backs therefore i would ask from where are these items being sourced from ,and be suspicious of the answers given and try to use good judgement in what you are beig told

?

I will be getting the lid tommaro morning.
    Ryan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast