Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

help with sd helmet

Article about: Ok sounds right to me looks like I can join the have u been Burt forum now ha. But thanks heaps for all info you guys have given me I'm really happy that I can get help with these things it'

Default Re: help with sd helmet

Ok sounds right to me looks like I can join the have u been Burt forum now ha. But thanks heaps for all info you guys have given me I'm really happy that I can get help with these things it's all about lerning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with sd helmet
    P
    Many

I don't think you've been burnt to badly on this one,as we have said the helmet itself is a nice one,will be so much better with the original decal remains exposed though!

?

You could try to hold the decal over a steaming kettle, if the decal is a Post war version then the adhesive used will become soft and you should be able to slide or push the decal away, ive used this method before and a very nice original aged decal was revealed on a Heer helmet

?

If you are planning on keeping this M-42 try as Dave and others have suggested but if you are thinking of returning it there is a risk that if you remove the repo decal to expose the underlying one and you are unhappy with what you find that the seller will not take it back.

Regards Mark K

Id give it a try. At worst you reveal a damaged original decal and are rid of the repro decal. You will still have a decent helmet even If it has a less than stellar original decal.

i tryed steaming it off but the decal stayed hard as a rock the steam cleaned that part of the helmet thow. im going to a guys house tommrow his said his got about 30 german helmets and some uniforms but he said his got a ss pith helmet and a sa gladiator helmet so i will be takeing what i have leart from u guys and my self and putting to use i hope i think he might have a heap of repro but will see.

Take care my friend,he may have just been fooled by the luft decal and made an honest mistake,but if not i would be very wary of anything he tells you about the authenticity of his items. All the best and good hunting.

will do but this time im not jumping right away if it dosent fell right most likely not i think that can be the best way to look at thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2